Sunday 9 June 2019

Super Sunday

Back to just the usual daily round of pill taking and inhalers.  Feeling normal at last.

Drove myself to the Prom.



Small boat.



And another.



Large Boat.



Smallish boat that takes line fisher people out.  Sea Fishing Trips.



Just a few people on the beach.



Paddle surfer.  Returning to his surf board with spare paddle.  The one he had been using had broken.  We had a chat, that's how I know.







Small Gang of Gulls.



I see a painting in this trio, pity I missed the left wing, but am sure I can make it up.



This wee toot had me in stitches.  He was sooooooooooo enthusiastic, he ran about chasing stuff and invariably fell over his own feet.  Hoping I can reproduce him/her in a drawing.



And another wee toot that did not want to leave the water.  Also made me smile.  When Mum eventually physically removed him his clothes had to be stripped off as he was soaking!

Back home.  Admiring some of my plants.  These Aquilegia I am going to try and save the seed.



Stunning colours.




The path border also has Thrift.  The path goes to a gate.  Which no-one ever uses.  I wonder if our garden designer has taken that on board.  Havent heard from her for a while now.




The front garden Alliums.



Chive pots by the back door.  



The first of the Geraniums from the Shedudio go outside.  Now this that is in is a brazier.  Anyone remember them?  The nightwatchman warmed himself with a brazier. I had this made, many years ago, by a wrought iron company who thought I was mad.  I believe they have made quite a lot of money based on my 'mad' idea.  The precursor of fire pits!  It works well with a fire in it.  And also as a plant stand.  Although it should have had some black paint and tlc before now!



Trying to get back into drawing.  



Varnished the Puffins.  

So.  Hopefully I am now normal, well health wise.  

So I can say super Sunday.   Hope yours was too.

7 comments:

Jean said...

Glad you are feeling better. Love your puffins and your garden.

Anonymous said...

I’m so glad you’re feeling better, that little dog will be a great painting and of course your puffins are pure beauty! I have been given help, big help to keep me blogging, I’m so glad , I would miss your daily posts

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love the colour of your geranium in the brazier - also the aquelegia - I love them and the way they cross pollinate. I have one particularly large flowered two coloured one. I hope to save a few seeds but it is anybody's guess whether they will come true to the parent.

RunNRose said...

I learned something today. Here in Texas, the flowers you call aquilegia are called columbine. I have about a dozen in front of my house. About half off them are volunteers. Really pretty, though. Their bloom time here is mostly over. Love your painting.

Gail, northern California said...

Love the photo you selected for a future painting. Can't wait to see it. Nice shot!

mamasmercantile said...

Thrilled you are once again feeling yourself and back to some normality, long may that last.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I have Aqueligia all over the garden as they self seed profusely. We are lacking the warmth here to bring out many of the flowers - I have peony buds that are going to just wither and die if we don't get more warm weather soon. The joys of living by the Pennines!
Love the little bird drawing.