Saturday 8 June 2019

Not a fun FRIDAY.

Miserable weather.  I have been feeling hot then cold all day.  Looking for improvement to me and the weather tomorrow.

The DP drove me to the Prom today.


Overcast, quite cool and a breeze.


Gulls removed from beach by a walker.



Not sure what happened here but all the sand digging equipment, bucket and ball abandoned.

Earlier in the day the DP had been, with others, on a beach clean.  This is the Waters of Philorth, local nature reserve.



Across the bay is the Prom.


The DP's haul before he even got to the sands.


Some of the other volunteers.


The pony is called Obama.  Obama takes disabled people onto the beach.  Hence the wheel chair.  Today he was helping transport the rubbish to the skip in  the car park.

At home and in the Shedudio


Stove lit.

Even later while in the dining room I noticed the Angelica about to flower.


I have never done anything with Angelica.  Its in the herb area of the garden and we have always had one.  The one I have not got is Comfrey.  When I asked at the garden centre the reply was, "We do not sell weeds."

So today is over no more antibiotics after this mornings and steroids finished Thursday.  When I am back to my usual pills am hoping I will not feel like a weed.

5 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

That woodturning stove was certainly a wise investment, wasn't it?

The Weaver of Grass said...

I have never done anything with Angelica either but perhaps a trawl of the internet would suggest something you could use it for.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you! Plant ID. Asked today what that big plant is in the landscape. I said that I think it is Angelica. I'm right for a change. lol

vic said...

Too bad about the comfrey. There is one variety(Bock and a number which of course I can remember) which doesn't reseed which the others do pretty readily. I just love it. It's such a statuesque plant and the little flowers are lovely. Also if you cut it down and chop up the leaves it makes a wonderful fertilizer just spread around another plant. It's one of those plants that pulls nutrients up out of the soil and then when it degrades puts them back into the soil where you'd like to have it. You can have about three cuttings a year as it just regrows once cut back.

mamasmercantile said...

It is amazing how much rubbish is collected on these community beach clean ups, when there are so many bins available. It is so nice to see that disabled people are included and can get onto the beach. We have our stove lit too.