Monday 14 September 2020

The Blue Badge and other things.

First last nights camera trail.  Unlike the previous night the camera was switched on !



I have a Blue Badge.  This entitles me to park in spaces for the disabled.  Plenty room to extricate the chariot from the car.  I started off putting the chariot into the boot.  That action fractured my spine and highlighted my Osteopenia.....  So now the chariot is parked inside the car behind the drivers seat a gentle lift of the front wheel and a push does no damage.  Unlike lifting and throwing the whole chariot.  

The badge is on display to the outside of the car so I never look at it.  It fell off the other day and I then realised to my horror it was due to expire on the 20th of this month!

I could renew it online.  So to do has taken most of the day and some of yesterday.  I have done it and it awaits the assessor.  It cost me £20 which has been paid and cleared.  The work involved in uploading all the evidence, most of which they already have was totally stressful to me.  But it is done.  Taking photos of my birth certificate and other stuff et al.  None of that is ever going to change is it?!

So I really, really needed the Prom.








Lots of boats.



As we were earlier than our normal time the cafe was still open.  So we had a Cappuccino and a piece. (cake)



Surf school.  The kids come out of school and parents bring them straight down.  But just look at this face.  Says it all.


She is up and balanced and so, so happy she did it.

Just wonderful.

8 comments:

Chris said...

It must be getting chilly for the surfers, even in their wet suits. My pool was closed today for the season - just 18 weeks.

Jackie said...

The little girl looks so happy and proud of herself. Good for her.

God bless.

mamasmercantile said...

The look of sheer joy on that child's face is a picture. Glad you managed to get your blue badge sorted.

crafty cat corner said...

Our blue badge is also running out and we had an email to say that although it didn't run out until October we should apply now because of the backlog caused through 'you know what'.
I went online, filled in, took photo's and got to the end only to find that something was not right. Tried to phone but they are not taking calls due to the 'you know what'.
Emailed them and am waiting for the form to come in the post.
Don't remember having all this bother last time but 'the times they are a changing'.
Love the photo of husband and camera.
Briony
x

Joan (Devon) said...

I have a blue badge and I don't remember it costing £20.

Tom Stephenson said...

How lovely to be by the sea.

Sooze said...

I'm quite sure that anything to do with officialdom is deliberately arranged to be as awkward, longwinded and frustrating as possible, in the hope that we'll be put off and just give up.

slimsdotter said...

If I were that child’s mother, I would pay a lot of money for a copy of that photo!