Sunday 20 September 2020

Neighbours and other things.

 Our new neighbours visit every night.  The Badger and his chums.



The Badger and chums are quite boring.  Eat, move stuff around and then depart.

Neighbours of the human kind are spread widely where we live.  None are what one would describe as next door.  D and R are across the road.  F and B and delightful kids, horses, sheep and dogs are across the park (field.)  They are the nearest.   Further along I wouldn't recognise any face to face.  Then there are others even further away who all seem to know me but have to explain how they fit into my universe!  But we all help each other out when it is necessary.  When we were getting the food parcels from the government as I was sheltered we shared out the stuff as there was way too much for us.

This afternoon I was in the Shedudio and saw an ambulance and two fire engines go to a farm round the corner.  I know the chap there ,  On his own, older than me, has carers, quite a character.  The jungle drums worked in seconds.  Some were directing traffic stopping them going to where all the emergency vehicles were blocking the road.  Then the air ambulance appeared and landed.  The DP went down the road to see if any help was required.


Air ambulance.

Our neighbour is independent.  Last time the DP saw him he was up a ladder.  In his 90s and had a triple heart bypass.  But determined.  What went wrong or what he was doing we know not.   He is now in hospital and we are all praying he comes through.  I found it very heart warming how we all came together.  Good to know that physically distant we are still here for each other.  It certainly made me think a lot about this pandemic and how all the neighbourly-ness it and the UK government seem out to destroy.  Well I for one will not let them.

5 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Good neighbours are indeed a blessing!

The Weaver of Grass said...

It means a lo to have good neighbours. I too am lucky.

mamasmercantile said...

I am blessed with good neighbours too.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope your neighbour is OK

Jean said...

Hope your neighbour gets well. We definitely need to look out for each other.