Friday 25 September 2020

Friday freezing.

 



Last nights visit.

This morning my carer arrived at her appointed time.  Which threw us as we had had a phone call from the Care Company yesterday saying she would be late as she was covering for holidays.  Well no-one had told my carer.  What a shambles the company is.  Not having prepared myself sufficiently we agreed to forget the hair wash as I was struggling with my breathing.  So the rest of me is clean and creamed.  Dry skin is the bane of being old is it not?

Very windy today.  Later we went to the Prom.

I didnt get out of the car.

Gannets diving for fish.  Sound up and listen to the wind.  DP took this and he was shaking!



See the Kite Surfer?


I took these from the car.  I had the window open and breathed in the sea air.  In or out my mental state improves when at the Prom.

My eldest daughter tutors at Edinburgh University who are trying to make them do face to face with the pupils.  Not a good idea and very worrying to all and me.  The union has been trying to deal with this for some time.  With the employers i.e. the University its all about money.  And all over the country students are testing as positive.

Tonight we have the wood burner lit.  So cold.  

But we had our visitor.

Now my camera isnt a patch on the DPs.  But here you go.



Hoping everyone is well and happy.  Tis a struggle we were not expecting but we will survive.


6 comments:

Tink said...

Never tire of the badgers! I love the photo of the waves - the sea is endlessly fascinating is it not? Agree with the dry skin!!

Jackie said...

I love your upbeat attitude. Yes it is not what we were expecting, but we will survive.

I think your camera is awesome.

God bless.

mamasmercantile said...

Thankfully the wind wasn't as bad here which is unusual. A joy as always to see the badger. Take care and have a nice weekend.

Tom Stephenson said...

The gannets in the wind was impressive.

Sue in Suffolk said...

LOVE seeing the Gannets diving. Very windy in Suffolk too - floods and trees down

Jean said...

I love the gannets and badger. Very cold and windy here too. Such a shock after the very hot weather we had a few days ago and in swimwear on the beach.