Saturday 2 March 2019

Plodding on.

Felt so ill today the DP drove me to the Prom.

Propped me up at the railings and he went for a walk.


We had had a beautiful morning .  The sun shone and there was no wind, it was quite warm.  But then it clouded over, the wind got up, so it was back to the winter coat, boots, hat and gloves.


I think the big boat was waiting for the Pilot boat.


The Gulls were alongside the Kessock Burn.


The Oystercatchers by the rocks .


Mostly dozing.

Back home and in the Shedudio.


My Oystercatcher, "I am out of here."  Lot more still to do.



Outside a female Pheasant who has been in the wars.  No tail and her right leg is damaged.  But she was feeding well, occasionally standing on the right leg with the left.  And she can fly okay.  So will let her get on with it.  Far more stressful to the bird to have human intervention.  But we will keep an eye on her.


New nest place for a Robin.  It was a Christmas gift from friends and is a tea pot.  Robins like to nest in cover.  So the DP has put it up under one of the Clematis.  So I can see if any Robin goes in there....


This is a replacement for a well used nest box.  Well used by a Tree Sparrow.  It broke in strong winds.  This new one needs a tie as it is moving in the wind.  On a  post carrying electric wires.  Fortunately birds can't read!

I really hope this is peak day.  My nose is like Niagara Falls.  And I feel lousy.  I hope no-one reading this picks this one up.  It is spreading around here like wildfire. 

Upwards and Onwards.  Actually plodding on.

7 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Sorry to hear it has taken hold - but maybe the worst is over - just stay warm as I think we are in for a colder spell again. I bought myself a thermal woolly hat today from the reduced basket whilst out in Derbyshire with my mum.

Bovey Belle said...

So sorry to hear it got you despite everything. Wretched germs. I hope the a/b's prevent a chest infection though - such things really drag you down. Anyway, you are still able to get some Vitamin Sea, and paint, so onwards and upwards and I hope your cold soon pushes off. Love the latest painting and its title!

Jules said...

I'm sorry you feel so rotten, Jill. I hope the sea air helped a little at least.
Reading your comment about the teapot nest reminded me of a story book I had as a child, in which the robin made it's home in one. I wonder if I still have it. X

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you feel better soon. Love the painting and that unusual bird house for the Robin, such a delight.

R's Rue said...

Feel better friend.

BethB from Indiana said...

I'm sorry you're sick. The image of a Niagara Falls nose is a graphic one. It describes the condition exactly.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow, and the worst of this is behind you.

Hydrate and rest!

Mum said...

Id can't lasdt for ebber. Best wishes for a speedy recobery.
xx