Monday 25 March 2019

Back in the groove.

Mondays and Thursdays are the DPs shopping days.  Thursday is the 'big' shop and Monday the little one.  Stuff we can't live without til Thursday, mainly cat food as Sith is choosy as he becomes an aged cat.  Also the butcher for us.  My fillet steak.  If I wished I could be told the name of the cow/bullock.  But I would rather not.

After lunch the Prom.  Better weather today, not quite so windy, and not that cold.  No rain.  

There was a lot going on, three Police cars, Coastguard and an ambulance.  

This on the steps to the beach.



Can only assume someone was rescued from the sea.  Hope they are ok.  I will let you know when I find out.  The Lifeboat was also out .



There were four surfers out waiting for surf.


Tide coming in.  No sea birds to be seen.


Lovely black Labrador looking for the ball.


Handsome Dyson.  


My Daily Sketch, missed yesterday....is the heavily lopped Laburnum.  Very old,  bits dropping off,  it was decided to cut it well back and then eventually remove it entirely.  It is outside the Shedudio.  Would be nice to replace it as I like Laburnum.  

Chaos in Westminster but calm routine here.  Can't beat it.  Back in the groove.

7 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

It is good to be in a routine - the one we have at the cottage is much different to when at home - not sure why it just evolved.
Noticed tonight as I went up in the wood we have another pheasant - we made each other jump.
My Fuschias and Buddleias look like your drawing now -they had the chop today - they grow so tall here there is so much to prune off each year.

kjsutcliffe said...

Your sketch of the laburnum captures the knobbly rough texture of the old plant - nice one :)
We shop (as early as we can muster) Saturday mornings - hate shopping what ever the day !!

BethB from Indiana said...

We either shop on Tuesday or Friday when they are restocking and have the best choices. I grab one of their electric carts and hoist my walker into its basket, and my husband rolls one of their regular shopping carts.

I wish we had pheasants in our backyard!

Bovey Belle said...

I'm glad to hear you are back on a more even keel again.

We don't have a set shopping day though I am now out of "my" cheese, need some apples and salad, and more cat tins so we will probably go in early tomorrow.

I hope that bit of flotsam didn't mean that someone had to be rescued.

mamasmercantile said...

Hopefully it was nothing too serious. I must admit we are blessed on the Island with good butchers shops too.

Lyssa Medana said...

I hope that the person rescued was okay. It's great to have a shop where it means something when you buy something there.

Chris said...

Had to laugh at the butcher's ability to name the animal your steak came from. Like you, I would rather not know the name of what I am eating!