Saturday 30 March 2019

Earth Hour.

All our lights are switched off.  I am struggling to see the keyboard.  This post may take some time!

Speaking of lights.   I saw some outdoor solar powered lights on Argos website.  As they were reduced I ordered them and the DP went and collected them and then put up one lot.  Bling for the Shedudio.  We did have solar powered lights around and about but no longer work.  I love to see light twinkling in the garden at dusk.  Not costing anything and not harming the environment.




Bees!  Can't wait to see them lit, but I have to wait 48 hours to charge up initially the battery.  Cool are they not.  The other lot well there are 200 of them.....just plain white.  I want them draped round the left Ornamental Cherry Tree, one without bird feeders.  But today the DP had done so much we left them for now.

There has been a stiff breeze today.  So the Prom visit was not as pleasant as the last few days.  But the sun shone.  



You can see beyond the shelter of the bay how rough the sea is from the wind.


Not many other people braving the wind.





But that was good as it meant there were lots of birds on the shore line.


Back home and in the Shedudio I did some more on the Tawny Owl.

Outside the DP was tackling the new hedge.  This involves removal of the turf where the new plants are to go.  Removed to the road side.  He did a fair bit before a Ninja rain shower hit.  He has fertiliser to go in with the Escallonia.  Removal of the turf, and there will be threats, should prevent our 'gardeners' strimming anywhere near the new hedge.


Forecast for tomorrow is no wind or rain.

All good.

19 minutes to go and we can lighten our darkness.  Our Electric provider Octopus is to donate to WWF for any consumer whose electric consumption drops in this hour.

Even better.

5 comments:

lynney62 said...

I love your pic of the "Tawny Owl"! Here in Illinois we are coming into spring..late last night while I was "lazing" in bed, I opened the patio doors and could hear my spring owl "woo" every few minutes..He seems to come every spring...I never see him as he's only "wooing" after darkness. And he travels on to other places, I guess, after spring with me...never hear him again until the next spring arrives...Maybe he comes here just to find his mate each year? I so love to hear him "call" though!!

Anonymous said...

Our lights go off in a short while, your solar lights sound wonderful! The first photo of the beach and water has the most amazing light, beautiful . Your owl is really looking lovely, I love painting owls, I truly do,

Lyssa Medana said...

I had never heard of Earth hour and I had to google it. Thank you for sharing, I'll sign up next year.

Jules said...

I completely forgot to take part in Earth Hour, although I only had a lamp on so I'll not feel too guilty. Love the bees! X

mamasmercantile said...

Love the bee solar lights, a wonderful addition to your garden. The tawny owl is coming along nicely, making for a beautiful piece of art.