Friday 22 March 2019

I can now say I am 70 +

Although whether people will fall back in amazement I doubt.

The Prom was quite boring today.


Tide was high.


Doing a lot of sand shifting...

Quite windy and started to rain so no walk and a short stay.  Just long enough to do some sea breathing.

Then back home and the Shedudio.  Outside the window


Male Chaffinches sunbathing.


Inside I did my Daily Sketch challenge.  I chose to do a Daffodil. Watercolour pencils.  Enjoying the exercise having to look closely.

One of my birthday gifts was from our youngest child .  A bouquet of fresh flowers in a box that was the right size to fit through the letter box.  Full instructions, plant food, even advice on the sort of vase in which to display.  And an assurance the blooms would open.  And they did!


I love Freesia.

Aurora Borealis is forecast for the weekend.  So patio door will be open, I freeze to death, while the photographer tries to capture it.  He usually does. But some times it takes longer than I would like.

Thanks for all your lovely comments.  My next big life event is next month when all our kids, partners, and the Grand kids visit.  Whose idea was that then?


5 comments:

Chris said...

I'm sure you will enjoy having all the family together - and they will too!

Deb from Ohio said...

Happy Birthday!! Wishing you a great year ahead!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

You are looking good for seventy. I remember people looking like old fashioned grannies in their 40's!
The bouquet is lovely - can't believe it fit through the letter box - I can never get on with water colour pencils so I am admiring your lovely daffodil wondering why I can't get my pencils to draw so well!
It has been rain here too most of the day.

Natalia said...

Daffodiles are so cute, Happy Birthday☺☺

mamasmercantile said...

How wonderful to get together with all your family. The flowers are stunning.