Wednesday 20 March 2019

Land of the Big Sky.


A pleasant no wind day.


Quite a few tyres fell off fishing boats littering the beach.


The Gull Gang were all out at sea.  As the tide turned to go back out, in they came.




Just a few Oystercatchers.  After the mating rituals seen this week they could be out choosing a nesting site.


Back home and in the Shedudio.  Joined by my friend and fellow artist we had 3 weeks to catch up on!



I am taking part in a draw something every day challenge.  I have really enjoyed this just drawing.  I did a Garden Snail shell, not very well.  A Pheasant feather ok.  Training my eye to really look, a good exercise.

This evening the sky was amazing.




Later in the evening there was this.


So lucky to be able to see nature painting the picture far better than I.

5 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

That last picture reminds me of Atkinson Grimshaw who liked to paint moody moons like this.

Glad you enjoyed the beach so much today, nice and calm and warm. We have been to the seaside too and it was MAGIC!

crafty cat corner said...

The feather is beautiful and delicate looking. I have only ever embroidered one feather but keep telling myself to have a go at another one.
Briony
x

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

I am in Scotland now breathing in the sea air at last - wonderful - hoping for good weather. Will sleep tonight listening to the waves outside.
I think feathers are really hard to draw and like you say are good at training the eye to look closely - I think your drawing has captured the featheriness(is that a word?)very well.

mamasmercantile said...

The feather was wonderful and those sky photos are a delight. Mother Nature at her finest.

kjsutcliffe said...

I am enjoying the sketch a day challenge too :) I love seeing the new sketches each day x