Tuesday 2 October 2018

Tuesday - I checked.

Wind 30 mph gusting to nearly 40.  Sheesh.  I do not like the wind.

The DP accompanied me to ASDA today.  Still on the hunt for a pair of jeans that do not mean I have to cut two foot off the bottom.  Fail again.  I have a pair of jeans purchased from Tesco, goodness knows when, size 10 - short and are a perfect fit.  So who decided short meant legs that came to the arm pits?  Mine don't.  Bought a lovely jumper and 2 vests.  The search goes on for trousers or jeans.

We went to the Prom.  I was not allowed out of the car.  The DP took the photos.


See the sand being whipped up and along?


Waves ditto.



Skurries (Herring Gulls), Lesser Black Backed, Juvenile Great Black Backed.  All facing into the wind.

Blackheaded and a Skurry mostly facing into the wind.


From the other side of the bay is our local wreck The Sovereign and a really angry sea.  With a Gannet.  Fishing.

I had to be accompanied down to the Shedudio and back again.

Then watched this Woodpigeon trying to cope.


Although I am unlikely to sit on the fence.  Really or metaphorically.

Heidi I do not need another GP, mine is ace.  And all the staff, its just I have a warped sense of humour!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos and great video! That is a very angry sea! It’s frightening!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Perhaps try the cropped jeans! Other than that I suggest some that have drawstrings at the side to pull them to right level!!
Started windy here in Yorkshire and ended sunny but still a touch cold.
Your sea looks choppy.

Jean. said...

Re trousers. Have you tried the children's department, not as odd as it sounds ? Another option is to buy 3/4 "cut offs", can't think of the proper name, but they will be ankle length on you. You may also find the Petite range useful in places like Dorothy Perkins and similar stores.

Bovey Belle said...

Looking wild with you yesterday. What's the story behind The Sovereign then? You think she would have been recovered and scrapped? Or has she only just happened?

I bet the birds aren't enjoying this wind much.

mamasmercantile said...

The sea was so wild yesterday the Ferries were cancelled. Dorothy Perkins do a petite range that fit me well but they are a little pricey but ideal if you can catch a sale.

Heidi said...

I hadn't realised you were making it up about the flu jab! I certainly wouldn't want to be given one without my permission! Even though it doesn't hurt!

Barbee' said...

Is that the North Sea where The Sovereign lies? We once crossed the North Sea in an Arctic storm in February; never again!!