Saturday 6 October 2018

Sanity

Is slowly coming back!

The DP was away most of the day promoting the Fraserburgh Photographic Society at Fraserburgh and District Older Peoples' Forum's Open Day.  It was in one of the churches, there are many, and there were Firemen with a Fire Engine, Police, First Responders, Craft demos, etc. I would have gone but avoid crowds of older people as they tend to be 'soldiering on' with a cold or pneumonia......

He had a good time and sold one of his photographs!  He wasnt actually there to sell, but to help people with photography.  This chap came along and wanted to buy so he did.

I got the chariot into the car and was away to the Prom.



The weather forecast was for heavy rain and a bit of wind.  Well there was neither.  It was beautiful.



The tide was on the way out.



Lots of Gulls.






My all time favourite sea bird - the Oystercatcher.  Such ace posers.  I want to start painting as soon as I see them!  And on that note I am pleased now the pressure of me being the secretary has lessened I now do want to pick up a paintbrush!



These four were an unexpected delight!  I am now wearing my autumn coat, i.e. it is getting cold now coat.  So were most other grown ups.  These four disappeared into the toilets and came out like this,  bags stashed by the rocks and in they went.  They came out screaming, but they did go back again.




Now this is a way to get someone with mobility problems down onto the beach, it has special tyres, and the Pony causes no damage to the beach as quad bikes and other vehicles do, and doesnt get stuck.  Also into the sea.  



The person in the wheelchair on the back of the trailer was followed on behind by friends and or family taking lots of photos and they were clearly thrilled to bits.  I hope the person in the wheelchair felt the same, but am sure they did.  I cant access the beach with the chariot as the wheels would sink in and I am not fit enough to get unstuck!  A wonderful idea.  I wish them every success.  It was free today, but you had to book.  Not sure about the future, must find out.

A good day.


5 comments:

vic said...

What a great option for people who can't get out there on their own steam. Will you try it? Is that the pony that you were asked to paint?

kjsutcliffe said...

those girls are brilliant and barmy at the same time! There is a pony and mobility trailer somewhere in the Dales that takes the less able out on to the hills and it has quite a waiting list I believe. How precious for that family.

Gail, northern California said...

I loved this post. Wonderful for the pony and passenger.

galant said...

What a wonderful way to take a disabled person onto the beach! At first I thought it was some sort of contraption for collecting some sort of shell fish, but no, it's a wheelchair conveyance!
Your photos are beautiful, as always,
Margaret P
www.margaretpowling.com

mamasmercantile said...

That as amazing, a must for every beach so that access is available for the disabled.