Tuesday 30 October 2018

A full day.

Washed body and hair by the personal carer.  Who also makes me laugh.  

The DP had gone off for the daily paper and a walk along the harbour and beach of our nearest village.

The phone rang.  It was the chest consultant I saw in September who has set many balls rolling, for a chat!  

After the legs ultrasound examination and no clots found it has been decided I do not have to have the next planned examination which involved me being injected with a dye, in the groin.  Phew.  She confirmed the low dosage antibiotic prescription.  She also advised me to obtain a compression stocking as the swelling in the leg is down to the Baker Cysts.  Which will eventually disappear, but may take some time.  She will call me back in in 2 months for us to 'catch up'.  I thanked her for contacting me and if I could have I would have danced a jig.  She also said she would be chasing up the Oxygen Team, and was surprised they had not contacted me by now.  I love the NHS - AGAIN.

My surgery contacted me then to say the prescription would be at the chemist this afternoon.  Do you think they read my blog?!

So - weather being not too windy and dry - to the Prom!


Not many people out and about.


No boats.


Just me and the sea.



That is how I like it.  Of course the minute I got in the car a flock of Oystercatchers came shouting in and landed on the bit of beach that wasnt covered in sea.  Another day.

Home for a meet up with Social Worker and Care Provider.  All good.

The DP went off to collect the prescription for the low dose of antibiotics.  He also asked about the Compression stocking.  The pharmacist gave him instructions how to measure the leg, which bits, and first thing in the morning before the swelling starts.  This has to go to the doctor who will do the prescription.  Seemple.

I apologise for the rant yesterday.  Today has been a full day of quite a few people helping me and I am feeling very humble and grateful.

7 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Ranting is OK. Sometimes we get knocked sideways by other folks' decisions and it comes as a shock.

Better news today anyway, and hopefully your fat leg will soon reduce.

Lovely photos and glad you had the place to yourself for once.

Chris said...

You are allowed to gripe as much as you like! We will listen and sympathise. I'm sure it feels better to air your feelings of frustration.

Anonymous said...

Ah, better day!

vic said...

Good news no clots, no dye, and soon no fat leg. Wow that's a hat trick! If I remember correctly three good things (goals? checks?) in a row in ice hockey is called a hat trick----and everyone cheers.

So glad to hear that things are going better for you.

mamasmercantile said...

We wouldn't be normal without a good rant now and again. I am so glad that you are feeling better about things today, sounds like you have an amazing Consultant that goes above and beyond. I love it when I am the only one on the beach.

crafty cat corner said...

I think you'll find those stocking work a treat, Tom has worn them for years.
Briony
x

janipi said...

This is a good day. A good rant is good for the soul. Lovely weather and good fresh air!