Friday 19 October 2018

After today I am having a wine down.

First of all apologies, I had some lovely comments on yesterdays post and managed to delete them all.  Senior moment.

A very exhausting day.  With the attendant - and why do I never get used to it - stress!  


This is where the DP and I spent most of the day, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.  See the car on the left, well that was where we parked, that's a blue badge space and it was empty!  Last time we went to ARI the DP had to drop me off and find somewhere else to park and then forgot where!  But today we parked and the main entrance is just there.  When you go in it is like a shopping mall.  Are all hospitals like that nowadays?  M&S, W.H.Smith, a very nice clothes shop and quite a few Aroma Coffee shops and a cafe wherein we had our lunch.

I was at ARI for 

Doppler ultrasound exam measures blood flow through your arteries and veins. ... usually those that supply blood to your arms and legs.  

In this instance for my legs for the fat one and the slim one.  


You have to put your leg that is being scanned in an uncomfortable position and they start off at the groin and really put pressure on and follow the artery down and then the vein.  I think.

Then the other leg.

So, the good news is there were no clots.  So that is not why I have a fat leg.  Next up is the scan on the lungs.  For that it is an injection of dye I was told today.  Great.  If there is no clot there I don't think they can do much else.  So far I am not on warfarin.....I just want to know there is nothing that can be done so I can just get on with it.

Me being me we were at the hospital at 1 p.m. for an appointment at 2.15.  I find that less stressful.  It takes over an hour to get to Aberdeen.  The new by pass makes it shorter than what it was before and I was amazed and pleased by the planting of poppies and a yellow flower in great swathes all along.  Plus lots of tree planting.


Corn Marigold.


I have to say I enjoyed them far more on the way back!

Meanwhile the art exhibition has been put up, the DP and his sister are at the evening preview, and I am wineding down.


4 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I think you jolly well deserve a winedown too! That's positive news about the possible clots in your legs not being present (sounds a tad uncomfortable though.) I hope that the result is the same for your lungs. Meanwhile, I guess it is carry on as normal : )

I hope that tomorrow goes well and all your hard work is jolly well appreciated!

Anonymous said...

I hope good news comes your waY!

mamasmercantile said...

Good news about the legs, hopefully the lungs will be the same. Although it would be nice to have a diagnosis. Thinking of you and hoping the exhibition has been a huge success.

Gail, northern California said...

I hope the art exhibition you toiled over is a huge success! Can't wait to see pictures of "everything that flies" and I hope you sell a painting or two.