Friday 5 October 2018

I see light at the end of the tunnel...

I was thoroughly washed from head to toe by the personal carer.  In fact I have been having a check for bruises.  Dont get me wrong, she was lovely, but thorough.  She also washed my hair, which I am not sure is in the care plan as I havent yet been given it.  But I mentioned I was going to do it and she did it!

After lunch it was the last meeting of the exhibition committee before the actual exhibition in 2 weeks time.  If we havent sorted everything by now... Still have plenty to do, but do not feel quite as stressed.

So to the Prom after the meeting.


A beautiful afternoon.  Sun shining, a slight breeze.  Lots of Gull Gang, and Oystercatchers.


Looking a bit scruffy.  At the end of the breeding season, the moult, and regrowth of feathers for the winter.


Small boats.


And a large one.


This is the Jura.  A fishery Patrol Vessel.  Basically the ship patrols for over fishing etcetera.


Not many people.  But I like it that way.



And then the sunset.  Ace.

I am hoping to get back into my normal routine now.  Yes, I still have a fair bit to do.  But I will not be doing anything during the days of the exhibition, apart from visiting and viewing and praying no-one anywhere near me has a cold/cough.    So the pressure has lifted and I see light at the end of the tunnel.

8 comments:

Joan (Devon) said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about the exhibition and less stressed.

I thought of you today when I was in Sidmouth and saw a gull gang on the beach. I shall never look at a gull in the same way again, lol.

Chris said...

Congratulations! I bet you feel as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

kjsutcliffe said...

We've not reached that state of 'light at the end of the tunnel' yet, still at the 'headless chicken but running in the right direction' stage.
This year seems harder work than last .... more paperwork, more organising and more 'artistically different' folk.
sigh

Sue in Suffolk said...

It's good news that everything is nearly sorted for the exhibition. I was worried about you getting worried!

BadPenny said...

My mum liked being washed by one nurse at home and felt so clean afterwards ! Good luck and keep well x

crafty cat corner said...

Whoaa, got a bit worried when I read the side bar, lol. Light at the end of the tunnel ??
Briony
x

mamasmercantile said...

Thrilled to hear you are not as stressed. A lovely bonus to get your hair washed. A joy to see your sunset photos.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get one of those masks they wear in hospital, just as an added precaution,