Monday 8 October 2018

Its all go.

The DP went off to do some shopping and deliver posters and fliers for the art exhibition.  Cant believe its next week.  I had my Pulmonary Physio exercises.  The one I fail to do is sit to stand.  One has to cross ones arms across the chest and stand up and then sit down again. And repeat.  Unfortunately the chair I have to cope with the fractured spine and crumbling vertebrae has wheels.  Think about it.  Disaster therein lies, or sits.

After lunch I didnt care what the weather was doing I was going out.  The forecast was for heavy rain.  It was overcast, but the rain came later after I had come back home.





A grey day, the cold North Sea, and not a lot going on.  But I breathed and breathed.

Then it was back home and the DP had lit the stove in the shedudio.  Fed the birds.  

I was just about to start a new painting when he brought the mail down as there was a letter from the hospital.

I have to go to my surgery and get a blood test to check my kidney function before having the CT scan.  What did concern me is that on the form for the doctor/nurse under the heading 'clinical details' it says

 " COPD recent worsening of symptoms with right heart failure and persistent hypoxia for CTPA"  They could have told me....This was discussed as I had googled the fat leg.  But nobody said Google was right!

Hey ho.  So tomorrow I go for the blood test.  I also get washed first by my personal carer so must remember to have easily removeable clothing to arms, so that later the nurse can get at the vein.

Its all go int it.

5 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Oh how horrid to see it all in print. I hope that it is just what they suspect and not written in stone. I can remember seeing a new-to-me Dr, who did a cardiogram because I had a slow heartbeat (due to medication I believe) and promptly announced I had had a heart attack at some point. She was WRONG . . .

Chin up dearie, tomorrow is another day.

Chris said...

Good timing for your trip to the prom. Hope your blood test gets positive results, fingers crossed for you.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

That must have been worrying to read that. Perhaps a good job you are giving up the secretarial work if it is stressful I expect it doesn't help.
The sitting to standing exercises are very good for strengthening but do be careful on your chair - the last thing you need is something broken.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope today is a good day for you after the yesterday letter shock.

Emmbee said...

That’s not good news to read. They could have confirmed or denied the information to your face instead of just ignoring you/it. In regards to your stand to sit exercises, put your chair with the wheels against a wall, so it can’t roll away from you when you sit. It might just work. Take care. Cheers!