Friday 12 October 2018

Lets do it properly - retire.

Very strong winds.  I had a new, to me, personal carer today.  As with all the others she was lovely.  I am sure it helps all round that my carers who have sorted me before do give good references!






So windy, the car was rocking, so I did not get out of the car.  But I opened the car window and breathed.

Back home.



The woodburner working well.

While outside....





The wind sent everything on a right hand bend.

I find it very difficult to paint/draw when I am so stressed out with the exhibition coming up next weekend.


Did a bit more to the Jackdaw.

Later, over dinner, the DP and I discussed our future.  We have decided that once this exhibition is over we are to remove ourselves from taking such an active role.  In other words we are to retire again!  We both get very stressed, there is amazing support from a few, but sadly the many are absent.  We are now finding that we cannot do what we want to do what we enjoy and maintaining our health both mentally and physically has to become a priority, particularly mine.  I think it hit both of us when I was suggesting I cancelled my scans as we were both to be involved with setting up the exhibition, and thought whoa there.  Which is more important?  

So there you go.  Retiring.

11 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

You're quite right Jill - you and your health (and your dear man's) come first. If other people can't be bothered to help out, especially when they are aware of your health issues, then it will just fold, but not your fault - theirs.

Very windy and rain all day today - this wretched Storm Callum. More of the same tomorrow apparently!

marlane said...

Well done you have made the right decision. Enjoy your lives as much as you can now !!

Anonymous said...

sometimes its good to just sit back and enjoy, if somethings beginning to cause that much stress its not a god thing,

Susan Heather said...

Yes, your health must come first. Although it is spring it is cold with a strong wind today and snow further south. Roll on summer.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Good to make a decision and better to be less stressed. No one needs stress

mamasmercantile said...

Of course only you can decide, but your health must come first. The added stress can't be doing you any good.

Catriona said...

Correct decision, Jill, and now hold firm. I sometimes let myself get overwhelmed by the voluntary roles I do and my firm way of dealing with it now is just to say no. I do it politely but firmly and then relax instead of stressing myself out.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I think all things considered it is a very wise decision - your health is much more important and you can retire now knowing you have played a huge part in the exhibitons and done more than your bit to keep them going.

rusty duck said...

Absolutely right. It's time for others to take their fair share of the work.
Crazy weather again here today too. Can barely see the lawn for its blanket of leaves. Enough!

Mum said...

Good for you, end of one chapter and the beginning of a new one.
xx

kjsutcliffe said...

Hear hear!
Put yourselves first.