Sunday 21 October 2018

It is over.

Bar the shouting.  Everything taken down.  All my 3 browsers went to the exhibition so I look forward to my Shedudio being put back, and my paintings re-hung.  Not one sale.  Huh.

The DP bought a painting.



An oil painting done by my friend Adele Mackie.  Adele also got the visitor vote for best artist.

Best photographer went to the guest photographer Michele Emslie.



Raffle prize winners drawn.  Wonder who won my painting!

I have not been to the exhibition.  Too breathless to talk really and not wanting to catch any bugs.  



Made it to the Prom.



Fishing boat.

Lobster boat.


No idea!



As far as I can make out this chap was on his own picking up rubbish on the beach.  Then I noticed the words on his top, 'Sea Shepherd'.


Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (SSCS) is an international non-profit, marine wildlife conservation organization…

Established in 1977, our mission is to end the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the world’s oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species. We use innovative direct-action tactics to investigate, document, and take action when necessary to expose and confront illegal activities on the high seas. By safeguarding the biodiversity of our delicately balanced ocean ecosystems, Sea Shepherd works to ensure their survival for future generations.
So there you go.  I noticed a car in the car park later that had the name on driver and passenger door.
More rubbish removed.


The delightful Oystercatchers.
Chinese takeaway tonight which was lovely.  Before that I watched the Rooks and Crows getting ready for bed.

Looking forward to tomorrow when things get back to normal!

7 comments:

Fishcake_random said...

I hadn't heard of Sea Shepherds before. What a lovely thing to do with your time x

Jean. said...

Excellent choice DP, that painting is gorgeous, I would have bought that one had I been there, (middle England, too far away to pop in.)
Superb winning photograph too, what a high standard of art must have been on display, would loved to have seen it.
That Sea Shepherd sounds a great organisation, I've never heard of it before.

kjsutcliffe said...

I once watched an on line article about the sea shepherds and was humbled by their selfless care. Some are quite 'militant ' but most are normal folk who deeply care.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Every Beach needs a sea shepherd,
I looked up the ship and it must have been lost! as it said it goes between Iceland Denmark and the Faroe Islands.

I'm sorry none of your paintings sold - I love your oyster catcher picturs

mamasmercantile said...

How disappointing not to get a sale after all your hard work. Thankfully it is all over and hopefully the stress levels will reduce. The locals in each area of the island have a beach cleaning day, I was quite amazed how much rubbish was found.

Bovey Belle said...

What a shame none of your paintings sold. Folk have no taste, but they do seem to being careful with their money in our neck of the woods too. You will be very relieved not to be doing any more of the organising for future exhibitions.

Lovely photos and the Sea Shepherds sound great folk. Glad you got some sea air and sunshine.

Jacqui said...

Hi Jill, I'm new to your blog, and this is my first comment. I love Scotland, and your photos of the sea and the birds are lovely - they make me feel so refreshed! What a lovely part of the world you live in. I too enjoy painting, sometimes, but I'm no professional, just an amateur who likes to paint abstracts.