Tuesday 3 December 2019

Tuesday.

The day a carer visits.  10 a.m. is the time.  I am all prepared.  No-one arrives.  When it got to 20 past the DP said phone them up.  So I did.  Had a rant.  Which office area are you in?  Pardon?  Fraserburgh.  We will get them to phone you.  Who have I phoned then?  Phone rings repeat rant.  L is on holiday J is on her way.  J walks in.  10.30 she has been told.  No-one told me.  The Care Company had said they would phone me back after J had been.  Well they have not phoned me back.  But I am now washed and dressed.  Well actually now I am in my pjs.  May be time to contact Social Services and go with the other company they recently offered were I ever dissatisfied with who I am with now.

So totally stressed the DP and I went to the Prom.  Me with new camera.  Switched it on.  It refused to take photos until I had put in date and time..... So pleased I had gone with the DP.


A much better weather day.  The sun shone, there was no wind.  Yes it was cold.  It is November.



Two small Fishing boats.


A very large fishing boat.


Assisted out by the Pilot.


I walked.  Thrilled - so many Oystercatchers.





 So a tiring day.  But a good one in the end.  Although the DP had to catch up with the shopping after all the traumas.  Phew.

6 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

The new camera has caught the oystercatchers beautifully :)

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Lovely shots of the oyster catchers. Hope you sort out your carers.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Troubles with home caregivers must be world wide.I'm in the Midwest USA. A few months ago I had surgery and had to have home nurses visit a few times. They would set up appointments with me and often did not come at the appointed time. I could deal with having them be a bit late, but one of them came to the appointment 4 hours early!! What an aggravation. Husband, me, and even our little dog were all sleeping soundly when the knocking came at the door. It was the nurse. After my husband retired from working night shift for 40 years, we are still daytime sleepers, not waking until noon.

I had been sound asleep, so I was very grumpy and asked the nurse why he was so early for the appointment. He came at 10am but had been scheduled for 2pm. He said he had another patient in my area and wanted to do both of us in the morning. He should have told me that when we were making our appointment, and I told him that.

My husband had to get up,get dressed, and round up our little dog who protects me. So the whole household was disturbed. It was an aggravating way to start the day.

So the nurse took his readings on me and changed the dressing on my knee and left.

In the afternoon my Physical therapist came and saw the bandaging that had been done on my knee, and she asked me if I had done it. I told her no, the visiting nurse just did it this morning. She slightly shook her head, took the bandage off, and put a new one on with a fold that needs to be there so my knee could bend. I called the visiting nurse company and asked if it would be possible for me to have a different nurse who could schedule appointments that would work for me. I did not mention the poor bandaging job, but probably should have.

I always enjoy seeing your beautiful photos of the sea and the birds you see there. It must be wonderful to feel the wind in your face in such a beautiful place..

Jackie said...

The new camera is working wonderfully.

God bless.

Terra said...

The oyster catchers are striking birds and the photos remind me of paintings you have done.

vic said...

It's so frustrating when you are keeping up your end (paying them) but they are not doing their job correctly.

I do admire your spirit, just working through and around all obstacles that get thrown in your way.

Keep it up!