Thursday 26 December 2019

Boxing Day.

Almost over for another year.

After lunch to the Prom.

Bitterly cold.

One person on the beach.  But lots of sea birds.


Many Oystercatchers.  Lovely.


With Blackheaded Gulls here.


The DP heading up to look in the rocks.


Where he spotted a Redshank.  Another bird I like to paint.

.

One small boat came out of the Harbour at speed.

Then it was home.  The DP was hanging our new bird feeders.




All three feeders were gifts gratefully received by us and the birds.


6 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Our birds are always suspicious of new feeders - can take up to a week before they use them freely. We end up just replacing one at a time so they can still have access to food!!

Jules said...

Beautiful photographs. The bird feeders are fab - I love the 'acorn.' What thoughtful gifts.
I've just received delivery of a bird feeder stand and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) attracting more birds into the garden. I've got some fat balls but I need to buy some nuts and seeds. X

wherethejourneytakesme said...

The acorn feeder is cute.

Terra said...

Bird feeders are great gifts, the one that looks like an acorn is cute.

Kirrie. said...

I love your daily photos watching the seasons change from the prom. COPD must be so difficult to live with. Your decision to have daily cold sea air in your lungs and constrict blood vessels to your heart and lungs I'd one I'm sure you debated long and hard about It makes you happy so glad you enjoy it. Keep the photos coming and enjoy your art room.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Reminded me to go out and fill the feeders while its not raining!
Have a good Friday