Monday 16 December 2019

Ice, ice baby.

Ice everywhere.  As some of our road was blocked for BTO to replace a pole the gritter never came.

The DP fell when feeding the birds.  He reckons it is only bruising.  He managed to salt all the paths.

He managed the shopping.

After lunch we went to the Prom.  Ice there too.


There is me hanging over the railings and breathing in the vitamin sea.




I dare not walk as both levels of the Prom were iced over.


Frosty beach.


Cormorant.  Very difficult to photograph as they dive, frequently.


Ice everywhere.

Tomorrow the DP is away to Aberdeen for his MRI scan.  I have to try very hard to get up at 7 for him to prepare my breakfast before he goes.  Appointment is 9.30. a.m.

The care people phoned - my preferred carer cannot come tomorrow.  I was given the option of having she who cannot tell the time or my preferred carer on Wednesday.  I opted for Wednesday.  Thank goodness I didn't ask them to send me someone to do my breakfast tomorrow.

Parcels delivered today by the Postie but no letter re the heart scan.  Surely tomorrow.

We now have two phone masts.  Presumably one will be removed causing more chaos - unless its an art installation?  Ah.

My car that thinks for me or tries to kept beeping and it was minus 1 with a snow flake image.  

Ice, ice baby.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, do take care on the icy spots. They are treacherous. We have them here today, too. The cormorant seems to ride very low in the water - that's the same with loons here. You just see their neck and head and a little pointy tail.

Bovey Belle said...

Brrr. I think you were very brave to venture out at all. I hope the waited-for letter arrives today (and sets your mind at rest). Good luck for the DP and his MRI scan too.

Jackie said...

Take your time getting any where, ice is not the best thing to travel around on. I do hope that it is only bruising your DP is suffering from.

God bless.