Thursday 9 May 2019

Thursday.


8.37 p.m. and the sun is still shining!  We are heading into June when it never gets dark here in the North East of Scotland.


One of our neighbours has just elected a Pope.

Much better day .  Sun shone, no wind.  Bit nippy still.  To the Prom.


Where the Kessock Burn meets the North Sea the Gulls gather.



Herring Gulls and Lesser Black Backed.


No humans.



These are the two chaps painting on the Prom.  One is very small and one is very tall.  The small one has far more paint on him than on the railings.  They also appear to paint the same bit.  Havent worked out whether it is two coats required and that is their answer.


My bit of painting is now called, "On Edge."

The DP has his Photographic Society meeting.  It is the presentation night when the results of various competitions are announced and cups handed out.  The DP is now the President as if he didnt have enough to do.  I have had to re set the stove as it went out and now have my award.  
Manoeuvring a log.


Slightest bump ... anyone else get this?  It doesnt hurt, just looks as if it should!

Onward and Upward.


Sundown.

7 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

tonight our local pub elected a new pope so enthusiastically the fire brigade came screaming into the village to douse the chimney fire!

Joan (Devon) said...

Yes Jill, my husband has a few bruises like that. It must be an age thing as the skin is thinner.

Anonymous said...

Are you on blood thinners? That’s a nasty bruise! Your puffins are absolutely beautiful!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I had to smile when I got to the caption 'no humans' and then below you have a picture of the lad who is painting the railings!
My gran used to get those awful bruises it is just having more fragile veins as we get older. I should pick your fights with something a bit softer.

Debi said...

Lovely photos as always! I always look forward to them and your paintings are beautiful too.My Mam and my auntie both have the same bruises,but havent got a clue how they happened.It do think it must be an age thing,because Ive noticed that I bruise more easy now.xx

Gail, northern California said...

I get those aggravating bruises all the time and it doesn't take much to make them appear. They seem to take forever to go away. I thought it might be medications but it's probably an age thing and not much we can do about it. I'm 74.

Love your blog.

Jean said...

I love your puffins and the sky photo. The painter looks like I do when I am painting.