Tuesday 28 May 2019

Bit of a struggle day.

I am becoming used to my new carer.  She is quite restful.  Lack of chat is no longer a problem as I do not have to reply so can breathe!  She is the first one to rub her hands together with the moisturising cream so it warms it up and I do not have to flinch when it is applied!

The DP came with me to the Prom today.  The reason for this was I was to make a rare visit to a shop.  Being vertically challenged he can reach down stuff I cannot.  Prom first.


Beautiful.  Lungfuls of clean air.


Lots of Gulls.  





Small boat.


A lone surfer.  No surf....


I had a chat with the painter.  They have only to do the Buoys in the car park now.  Then they are done.  We had a discussion about the cafe needing some painting.  Quite what he thought I could do about it I know not.  Anyway me being me I have messaged the cafe and asked if it is to be done.  Everywhere else is now so smart.  

After that to the supermarket.


I now have a spotty dressing gown and spotty pyjamas.  I also have new trousers, flip flops and nail varnish.  All this to take advantage of £7.50 off.  But I did need everything purchased.  I also need a new pair of slippers but totally forgot having left the list where I wrote it....

Sith was shouted at.  I laughed also, in hind sight.  He is a cat but I really did not think he was up to catching anything anymore.  We failed miserably in halving the pill today.  It shattered into pieces and we mashed it up in his food which he totally refused to eat.  

The DP is accompanying me again tomorrow.  Its the breathing clinic.  We need to know if this struggle to breathe is it.  The way of things.  If so.  I can try to adapt.


13 comments:

Life In The Seniors Lane said...

Ooh la la aren’t you fancy. Love the dots. Glad you are feeling better.

Beacee said...

The p-j's and dressing gown look very cosy!
Oh, you do have my sympathy when it comes to cats and pills. Our big fella is on a long term course of antibiotics and steroids and we have some fun and games. The hardest part is actually finding him but once found he's reasonably cooperative - for a cat. My husband can manage to pop the pills into his mouth, but if I'm on my own that's a struggle. I give him some food in his dish and put the first pill on top - in plain sight. He eats most of the food, managing to hide the pill in what's left in the dish. So - I search through the food, find the pill, scrape the food back together with the pill on top again. He eats the rest of the food, including the pill. Then we go through the same performance with the second pill. Fortunately I haven't yet had to give him four pills single handed.
Hope the breathing clinic goes well. x

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I like the spotty attire. I expect having the blue flag award has encouraged the Council to have a bit of a face lift.
Hoping for good news on the breathing. x

Anonymous said...

The new clothes will work you up! It's always nice to get something new and paint our nails, I hope your test tomorrow brings a good outcome, we're all here cheering you on no matter what.

Jules said...

It's good you're feeling more at ease with your carer. I expect having a different person in your home takes a bit of getting used to. Your photographs of the shore are fabulous. We had plenty of blue sky too yesterday. X

mamasmercantile said...

Glad you are getting used to the new carer. I did laugh about your shopping list, I do that often write the list and then leave it on the table. Lol!

Bovey Belle said...

Sorry your breathing is not good. Perhaps it is a reaction to pollen (or have you ever had that - perhaps not?) Glad you have some smart new night attire. I don't wear anything in bed - I get too hot.

Jean said...

Hope you get some good news about your breathing difficulties. I love your spotty nightwear.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jean said...

You could try crushing a tablet between two teaspoons until it is a powder. Note not all tablets are able to be crushed but the vet says yours can. Place the powder on a clean flat surface like a tablemat or mirror and using a knife , shape the powder into a square. Divide the powder into two equal halves and scoop one into a knucklehead of foil for next day and fold it up. If Sith likes Sheba creamy snacks, mix that day's powder with his preferred flavour on a saucer. I find the saucer is licked clean. Hope this helps.

Jean said...

PS. In case you haven't seen them the Sheba Creamy Snacks come in packs of four tubes. They can be found in supermarkets.

Cheryl said...

Your photos are beautiful and your PJs and dressing gown look lovely and cosy and warm.

Jean said...

Oops! "Knucklehead" should read SMALL PIECE ! That's predictive text and a small phone for you.