Saturday 25 May 2019

I Survived.

I managed to survive the day.  Just imagine doing everything you do but breathing through a straw.  Well that is what it is like for me.  I dont ask for sympathy just not the eyes raised to the ceiling when I state how it is.  So moving round the kitchen, preparing my breakfast, loading the dish washer, was akin to a marathon!

I went for the newspaper to Tesco.  Fully intending to get a variety of other things. Dressing gown, nail varnish, slippers, shoes, trousers.  But it was packed.  I got the paper and left.

After a boiled egg for lunch I was off to the Prom.


Dull, overcast and spitty rain.  But it wasnt cold.  Not many people around, so plenty Gulls.




A lone walker.


Fishing boat away on 'the hunt'.


Back home.  Sith cat sitting on a garden chair.  No problems today thank goodness.

Lit the wood burner. fed the birds.  Collapsed for a while!


Young Blackbird, looks bigger than the parent, being fed.


Baby House Sparrows being fed.

The garden is bursting with young birds.  Including Dyson and a partners baby Pheasants.  No photograph as we were both surprised to come face to face and the wee ones shot off into the undergrowth.

Other birds are frantically gathering food and shooting off to feed their off spring.



Here is Dyson who appears to be asking himself "Why are we here, what are we for?"

More likely the seed has run out as the DP was not here to fill all the feeders up and scatter the seed.  But he is back now.  We have had a lovely Chinese takeaway.  Stove is lit.  All good.

6 comments:

Terra said...

I am glad your day turned out good after a frustrating start. The birds look pleased to be eating.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Here it was definitely the kind of day for a Chinese Takeaway and a lit stove. Poured with rain all afternoon and blew a gale.

Anonymous said...

I wish with all my heart that there was a way to help you recover from this beast of a disease, you have an excellent outlook but everyday must be such a struggle. I’m glad Sith is at ease, it sucks getting old whether beast or human,

Jean said...

Sorry about your breathing problem. It must be awful. As usual beautiful photos of birds.

Bovey Belle said...

Glad you were able to cope, even if it had to be in slow motion for obvious reasons. Good to hear that Sith was ok today, but I am guessing his days are numbered now. Never an easy thing to oversee.

Wishing you some sunshine and a relaxing week.

mamasmercantile said...

We have been lighting the stove over the past few days too, glad you enjoyed the Chinese takeaway.