Friday 31 May 2019

Dont rain on my parade.

Well it did!


I managed the railings.  Breathing under control.  Beautiful.  


The Gull gang were not that impressed with the weather either.


Heads tucked under wings.

Sith cat went to the vets this morning.  He had blood taken which was tested.  Liver function reasonable.  So back on the whole blue pill daily.  If he has another seizure they would appreciate a video......The seizure could also be due to the liver function rather than the pill which is supposed to aid liver function....  Carry on with the 1/2 steroid, which is for his asthma,  which can be put in food.  But us having tried the blue pill in food it does not work as it tastes horrible once crushed and is why he then refused to eat.  With me so far?  He also had thyroid levels checked which were fine.  So carry on as before - with video camera in hand.  Very large bill for blood test.  But hey ho.  They never have been able to listen to his heart as he purrs so loudly.  My cat is nothing else but kind!  And a creep.

I spent the afternoon watching the birds.  A bit of painting and made a total mess.


Thrilled to see a Foxglove growing.



It was raining heavily as I left the Shedudio to return to the house.  I noticed this pink thing in one of the troughs on the patio.  No I have never planted anything there and the DP also denied any knowledge.  I think it might be an Anemone.  I was drowned by the rain and did not turn the flower to show the inside.  Any ideas?  I googled anemone and it does look like one.


A Goldfinch baby begging.  But ignored.  It has been fascinating to watch how weaning is carried out in the bird world.  The parents just ignore the begging babies.  They have led them to food, fed them the food and thats it.  You are on your own mate.


A Daddy Woodpecker.  No doubt soon to bring his offspring to the garden.  Perhaps when it isnt raining quite so much.



6 comments:

Chris said...

I have just pulled up a whole bunch of things that look quite like your foxglove. I've never planted them here so who knows what it was.

Jean said...

Lovely to have a woodpecker in the garden. We haven't had any lately.

Anonymous said...

That’s tough love in the bird world for sure! I’m glad Siths appointment went well, poor old guy, hope he can slip away in his sleep and not suffer, heck, I hope we all can when the end comes lol

Jean. said...

Phew ! I've been waiting anxiously for news, at least Sith came home with you today, and one tablet taken in food is less stressful for all concerned. It's a case of taking one day at a time and enjoying the time you have left together. That's how it is with my Angel. We may be churned up inside but as long as they are happy and stable, have quality of life, all be it at pensioner pace, and enjoy their food and fusses, maybe wander out for a sit in the fresh air, and the good days outweigh the odd off day, then that's what matters.
Heartbreak will come, I know how it feels, and do so many others. Day at a time, hope, and lots of shared loves for now. Hug for Sith.

mamasmercantile said...

Glad you were able to get your breathing exercises done. Thanks for the tips, I have finally bought a sketch book and am going to have a go. Hope you manage to get Sith to take the tablets, it must be hard when he won't take it in food.

Helen said...

Abut the purring at the vets - our vet told me that cats also purr when they're nervous, it's not only a happy sound.