Sunday 26 May 2019

Rained off.

Never stopped in fact is still descending.


The Prom today.  I never left the car.  The rain was bouncing.  All the way home I was kicking myself at being a wimp and not getting out.  

Back home bird watching.


Having seen a rival off Pheasant was eyeball to eyeball with me!  On the patio table.


Soggy Tree Sparrow babies huddling together.


Baby Siskin finds the Nyga  Seeds.


Young Goldfinch begs.


Is fed.


Jackdaws have babies too.

I did some painting and drawing and inking.


Sanderlings getting a rock to stand on.


Mr Toad needs more fingers, well quite a lot more really, another elbow and a back.  Patience.  Toads always make me think of Beatrix Potter.

The forecast for tomorrow is the rain stops.  Wind is back....cant have everything.  But I will get out of the car.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s good you didn’t get and get soaked, all you need now is pneumonia! Your photos are beautiful, we never see pheasant this close up!
Your painting will be beautiful and the toad will be great, I just know it!

mamasmercantile said...

You were wise not to get out of the car. Beautiful photos of the birds and such an impressive painting.

Jean said...

Sensible to stay in the dry. Beautiful bird photos.

BethB from Indiana said...

Photo of pheasant is outstanding, and the baby birds look so cute you want to cuddle them. You are a great photographer (as well as an artist!).