Friday 16 November 2018

Thinking positive.

Another good weather day!

My head to toe wash, moisturised and dressed.  Only need breath to talk to my lovely carer, but then she does for both of us!  These girls are amazing.  All in their early 20s.  I have learnt that they have regular training on a variety of topics.  One recently was on medication.  But the empathy and respect has to be in the person already.  Just know I am so appreciative.  And I tell them.

To the Prom.  The DP puts me and the chariot into the car.  I have to sit for a while to get the breathing back to normal.  I was taught exercises on my pulmonary physio and they still work.  At the other end I then have to unload the chariot and get to the railings.  I stand there for a bit and again get control of the breathing.  Then I can walk a bit!


Looking to the right.  The Kessock Burn.  Heading for the sea.  Tiger Hill the big sand dune.  Lots of weed - and rubbish in amongst.


Where the Kessock Burn meets the North Sea is where many of the Gull Gang gather.  Gulls can drink sea water and will bathe in it, but they obviously enjoy drinking and bathing in the fresh water of the burn.


To the left.  There are rocks, on top of which is the caravan park.  Down below we have Oystercatchers.  Frequently Blackheaded Gulls prefer this side of the beach.  But today we had Turnstones.  Look closely at the seaweed between the two Oystercatchers.   Well camouflaged.  Two of them.


Here a Black Headed Gull, red legs.  In the winter they lose the black head but retain a black spot behind the eye.


Out at sea a small boat checking on lobster pots.


And some more.  


The man comes on his bike with, now two dogs, who know exactly which direction the stick will be heading for.  He does a twirl and then lets fly.  The black and white dog is the one who fetches the stick and brings it back.

Then I load up the chariot into the back of the car.  And come home.  Down the Shedudio.  The DP has lit the wood burner.  So we are sitting chatting and looking out of the window.  I noticed these two birds.  Flitting about.  And said, "What are those two?"  

Goldcrests!!!!!!!




Tiny but beautiful and a first for our garden!!!!  They eat insects.  Because of this unseasonal weather there are still lots in our garden.  Little jewels.


Brown Hare.  Watercolour on canvas.  Begun today.

Thinking positive.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a warrior, such an inspiration, and you paint beautifully,

Bovey Belle said...

I'm glad you got to see such special visitors to your garden. We have a pair in our yard, but we don't see them in summer. Last spring the Mr was getting VERY CROSS with the Other Mr he could see in the kitchen window down in what was mum's flat. He was incandescent with rage and jumping up and down and making a proper twit of himself - leastways, that was what the Mrs thought. You could almost see her raised eyebrows!

Thank you for the information about the seabirds - I am learning lots from you.

rusty duck said...

Goldcrests! I have only ever seen one, for a matter of seconds. Such a delight.

Chris said...

Everything very blue at the prom today. Must have been lovely breathing in the sea air. I really miss the sea!

lynney62 said...

Hello, justjill......This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but..since I live nowhere near the sea in the middle of the US, I know nothing about these things...Why is the water in the Kessock Burn "fresh water" and not "sea water"? Doesn't the water in the Burn originate from the sea? Just curious...How is there a difference?...I need to do some googling on the Kessock Burn as I find it very curious..:)

Sue in Suffolk said...

Lucky you with the Gold crests. Saw them at the smallholding just once in 23 years
Keep thinking positive and breathing in that sea air

Jacqui said...

What pretty little birds - your photos of them are beautiful. I especially like the first one - it almost looks like he's smiling. The pic of the dogs and the man with the stick - your comment about them knowing which way the stick is coming - made me laugh!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Lovely photographs. I would not have seen the Turnstones if you had not mentioned them. You have a quite different set of birds than we do in Ohio and I do enjoy seeing your birds. You are a very strong woman, I think, as well as an artist, and an inspiration to me.

mamasmercantile said...

What a delight to be able to see the Gold crests. The last few days have been beautiful weatherwise and perfect for a stroll by the sea. Looking forward to seeing how the hare develops.