Saturday 3 November 2018

Family time.

The DP and I married in 1980.  For what seemed like the next ten years I was pregnant or giving birth.  Then I took him to the vets.


Four kids under 5 is not exactly ideal.

Now all gone through Uni and working, not always anything to do with their degree(s) we have three in Edinburgh and one in Lincoln.  Before the grandkids -6- we lived in a much bigger house than this and all could visit at the same time.  When we moved here we had some in the 2 spare bedrooms, some in the Shedudio and one in a tent!  Since then they visit individually during the year.  Well individual families.  One is single.

The DP has just turned 70 and its my turn next year.  So I thought it would be nice if we could get together.  So I have booked Cortes House.  It is just up the road from us.  Self catering.  Still waiting for full details of what is involved but it is booked for April half term.


Back to the present.

To the Prom.  Very windy and earlier very wet.  Tail end of Storm Oscar.  But when I went it was less windy than back here.  Not cold.  So a win situation.


The sea weed is back and no doubt after these winds more will be dredged up.  Never sure why the wind affects the uplifting of sea weed but it does.


Many Gulls.


Lots of Great Black Backed Gulls.


And a few Oystercatchers.

Not much else, hardly anyone walking dogs, and very few cars in the car park.


The DP has had his photo of the Oystercatchers put on a canvas for me!  Still to be put on the wall but thrilled with it.  It is huge!

Bed time.  Night.


13 comments:

DUTA said...

Cortes House looks just the place for a family celebration and reunion.
Spring is the best time for it. Well done!

vic said...

Love that photograph. It looks as though it was all staged by the photographer, but I guess that might prove difficult.

justjill said...

It was not staged.

kjsutcliffe said...

I love that photo - what amazing timing by the DP (wonder if they were about to start line dancing!!)

Jean. said...

What a fabulous canvas.
As for the seaweed, I imagine that the stronger the wind, the rougher the sea, hence more seaweed being ripped up by the waves and undercurrents. Well, that's just my theory.

Susan Heather said...

Cortes House looks the perfect place for a family get-together. Love the photo.

Terra said...

I love the look of Cortes House, I think it is a good choice for your family gathering.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I bet your kids are very close since they are so close in age....I think your booking of Cortes House for April is an inspired idea! Something to look forward to doing the colder darker winter days. How wonderful of your husband to have that super photo put on canvas for you!

Sandi said...

All those kids! :) It goes by fast, though, doesn't it?

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, such a beautiful place for a family celebration. Now that we have moved and downsized we wouldn't be able to have our daughters and their families all at the same time anymore either.

Sue in Suffolk said...

You'll need a big canvas to do a painting from that brilliant photo!
I feel I want to ask them why they are standing in rows like that!
House looks good for energetic children

MarleneS said...

You did have your work cut out raising all your children so closely together, well done you, I am sure your family celebration will be wonderful.

crafty cat corner said...

The oyster catchers are stunning.
Briony
x