Thursday 1 November 2018

November? Goodness.

The year has flown by!

My day started with yet more stress from the medical bunch.  A phone call from the surgery.  What sort of compression stocking was required and by whom.  I will not bore you lot with my reply.  The end of the conversation was that the surgery could do nothing without a letter from the consultant.  Deep breath.  I then phoned the surgery to ask to speak to the practice nurse who deals with chests.  Why?  Because I need to know about this compression stocking. "Oh its all sorted.  Be at the chemists this afternoon."  Would she have told me if I had not phoned ??????

P.S. When the DP went to the chemists he said I never said it would be here, we have had to order the stockings, hopefully tomorrow.

Vitamin Sea and Sanity.  Deep breaths.



The beach is covered with seaweed.  



Unfortunately now our seas are full of plastic so is the seaweed.  

The couple you see in the first photograph are collecting the rubbish.  Is not that wonderful!





Quite a task.  Wish I was fitter.



Two Skurries (HerringGulls), Great Black Backed, and a juvenile in the water.





The Redshank, there were two.  




A Red Legged Partridge begun.  A very cold one, very fluffed to keep warm!

The sun begins to set while I am in the shedudio now.



Because of the tilt in the earth(?) it is now more to the left.  Going to be a cold night.  Mormond Hill in the distance is already looking misty.

Night night.

7 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Night night x

Terra said...

A red legged partridge, I like the sound and look of that.

Chris said...

I get very angry when I see people hauling cases of plastic water bottles out of the store. Our tap water is perfectly fine to drink. Why can't they refill their bottles from the tap? What kind of lesson are they giving our young people? Of course, I am too timid to confront them!

crafty cat corner said...

We had some problems with Tom's cataract, had to go last Sunday and again for the Hospital Consultant on Monday, I was sure he was allergic to the drops but no one would have it. We decided to take the matter into our own hands and he stopped the drops, Voila,,,, the swollen eyes went down and have been perfect since.
Sometimes it gets so frustrating doesn't it?
Hope you soon get your stockings, sure they will work wonders for you.
Briony
x

Anonymous said...

That’s the sort of vitamin sea I would like lol,, it’s a crime the state of our oceans, what fools we are, sometimes I’m ashamed to be a human, I can fully understand you choice of painting subjects , if I had the water birds you see daily they would be my choice as well, they are amazing creatures,

mamasmercantile said...

The last few weekends have seen cleaning parties on all the beaches around the Island, with schools getting involved with the projects too. Hope you managed to get your stocking.

Jacqui said...

I can almost smell the seaweed - the sea is such a tonic to the stresses and strains of life I think. I love your pics, as always. The plastic pickers are great - the amount of plastic getting dumped and ending up in the sea is frightening.