Tuesday 13 November 2018

A day in the life of me.

A beautiful weather day.  No wind, sunshine, cold.  Lovely.


The Kessock burn wending its way to the sea.  Back to it's normal path now.  


Looking right and there is Tiger Hill.  Sunlight on the side.  See the deep carved sides of the Kessock Burn, channelling it out to the sea.


Lots of Oystercatchers.  I so love these birds.


In amongst were these two doing the Hokey Cokey!


Here is one having a bath!  Being watched.


Two young boys having a paddle - mad.  Our schools have 2 days off this week, possibly inset training?  These 2 had come on their bikes and I watched them trying to sort out wet clothes, hope they pedalled like mad to get home and dry.


Smart fishing boat returning to the harbour.



Sunset tonight.  This lane is our lane and just above where are house is.  See how narrow it is.  We often have cars trying to pass and who will pull into/onto our drive.  My car once got hit by someone who never owned up to it, same as the fence has never had anyone own up to demolishing it. The joys of living in the country.


I dont think these sheep should be there.  It is a field of Oilseed Rape, we think, which is not normally grown round here.


Sunset over Mormond Hill which is another story.


The moon lurking above the sunset.

Time for bed.

9 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Brilliant moon photo x

Chris said...

That is an amazing photo of the moon! Was it taken with a telephoto lens?

wherethejourneytakesme said...

You live in a beautiful part of the world it must be a joy to wake up to.

justjill said...

Moon taken with my Lumix camera with Leica lens as are all my photos, altho the ones at the end were taken by the DP with my camera. No way can I now walk up the lane....

crafty cat corner said...

That sea water must be freezing. Lovely sunset.
Briony
x

Anonymous said...

Each photo is absolutely beautiful, I love the oystercatchers too, they have so much personality,

Sue in Suffolk said...

Those sheep are looking guilty!
Lovely photos

mamasmercantile said...

My goodness, those boys must have been freezing, I can't make my mind up if they are brave or just plain stupid.

Catriona said...

That would have been me in the sea at that age!! Your photos are beautiful, Jill, as are the DPs.