Friday 9 November 2018

Friday fun? A bit.

30 mph plus winds all day and now, up till about 4 a.m. forecast.  Wood burner roaring away even with all the vents closed.

Friday and Tuesday are my days to be washed top to toe and moisturised.  My carer rolled off the compression stocking, washed the leg then replaced the stocking.  Tip for the DP and Crafty Cat for fitting -  put the stocking on and find the heel and place, once that's there everything else will be easier to roll up or down as appropriate.  She certainly made it look easy and there was no painful tugging or grabbing the leg!  Apparently there are regular courses for the carers on all manner of things they may come across in their work, ace.

I do not often go into shops.  But as I am now down to one pair of pyjamas that are warm and am in dire need of various other clothing items... The DP came with me as I cannot reach some of the racks to check sizes.  I now have 3 new pairs of pyjama bottoms, 2 vests, a pair of jeans, yet to try on, and a long jumper. I also had a delivery of trousers bought online, also yet to try on, the latter look enormous.  So that's it for a bit.  

We also spent quite a lot of time going through all the body moisturising stuff to find one that didn't list Palm Oil as an ingredient.  Amazing how many do.  Ended up with Nivea Lotion, extra rich Moisturising for dry skin.  See if it works.

We then went to look at the sea.





I remained in the car, with the window open, the wind was coming straight off the sea.  So plenty sea air to breathe in.

The DP went outside.  The following photos are ones he took.




The Golden Horn and the very rough sea.  There was a big boat out there anchored due to the winds.  



Oystercatchers on top of the weed.  Some are asleep.  One is having a root through to see if there is anything to eat.




The stormy sky over Tiger Hill.



Lots more sea weed.

Tomorrows forecast is much better so I hope to be on the prom in my new clothes!  Not the jamas.


10 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Your views from the prom are so amazing.....Never at all the same, not a bit. The sky, the sea, always new.

Chris said...

You are very lucky to have your own personal shopper. I hate shopping for clothes as I can never find what I am looking for. I rely on the "browse and buy" method, just picking up something that catches my eye.

Liz Mc said...

Congratulations on managing the compression stocking. I have them for Lymphoedema and was taught to use washing up gloves (cut off at the wrist) which help to move the fabric where it needs to go. Good luck and I love your photos and paintings. Cheers from Geelong, Aust.

Anonymous said...

Tiger hill photo is beautiful, it always feels good to get new clothes, warm pjs are must!

Catriona said...

My daughter has severe eczema and the practice nurse told her to break open her Oil of evening primrose capsules and massage into her skin when it was u bearably dry. It works well when needed. Hope your new wardobe fits well.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I use L'Oréal Paris Skincare Collagen Face Moisturizer, Day and Night Cream Collagen Moisture Filler. I don't believe it has palm oil and it works wonderfully.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Interesting how the seaweed comes and goes, I suppose it depends on the tides and wind direction

The Weaver of Grass said...

I always love the sea photographs - I have never seen such blueness.

mamasmercantile said...

The winds have been strong here too with no ferries yesterday on or off the Island. I always enjoy watching the seaweed coming and going with the tides.

Jacqui said...

Hope your new clothes all fit nicely. Beautiful photos as always - they are always so refreshing. I can almost feel that wind coming off the sea - bet there was some saltiness in it.