Monday 26 November 2018

I must to go down to the sea again!

And today I did.

Very cold, but then it is nearly December.  No wind, no rain.  Out of the car.


Eyes to the right.


Eyes to the left.  Still overcast.


Two of the four surfers. 


Shag.  These birds dive - so very difficult to get a photo.  You just manage to focus on them and they disappear downwards.  So a lot of photos showed the sea and no bird.  Binned.


The Redshank does not dive, but it does get spooked easily if anything approaches.  So I did a fair bit of walking today as the gang of four flew further up when a dog approached, and then flew back again.


I like this one below, it is quite artistic!



Lobster boat.  Homeward bound.


Part of the garden not many get to see.  This is behind the Shedudio and to its right.  Left if you are looking at it head on.  The Leylandii have had 6 foot removed as they were heading for the telephone wires.  The hedge round the front that hasnt been damaged by whoever has also had short back and sides.  This gives good visibility on the corner for turning.  It is a narrow road and if someone is coming towards the junction you are better off staying where you are until they have gone past.  An added plus to the trees being drastically cut back is an increase in light to the Shedudio.  Which I was not expecting.


Although a dull day it is noticeable that the left, here, is brighter.  Well pleased.



So I was actually able to paint for longer.

Where the Journey Takes Me asked for a Robin photo.  Well this particular Robin is a real non poser.  But anyway here you go.


Weather Warning for Wednesday/Thursday high gusting winds.  Tomorrow is more windy than today.  Fingers crossed I get down to the sea again.

6 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

English robins are so appealing! Though I grew up with our North American robins, in the thrush family, and I love them so much...

More light is always a blessing, especially at this time of year.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Thanks for the robin - I feel I have drawn so many now I am losing my way - but i will give it a go before I give it up as a bad job!
I can see a painting in your artistic photo with those strong colours.
I like the hare even more now with the added touches you have done.

Bovey Belle said...

I just love your paintings. You know your birds so well. I can draw quite well but ALWAYS ruined things when it got to painting. I'd love to do a watercolour course when we finally down size (everything is so far away here, though some things are just in Carmarthen, 20 mile round trip).

Glad you were able to walk about in pursuit of photos. That's a positive.

mamasmercantile said...

The ferries are on amber which means delays/cancellations at short notice from today until Friday due to adverse weather conditions. Loved the hare painting, you are one talented lady.

Jean said...

Beautiful photos

CountryMum said...

Your surrounds are so very different to mine. Lovely to see the beach! Greetings from inland Australia.