Thursday 15 November 2018

One Man and his Dog.

Stick throwing for the dog, deliberately aimed at the birds on the beach, cleared the lot.


Earlier in the day I had the phone call from the Oxygen team person.  I had to pass the phone over to the DP as I was struggling to talk, being breathless!  Anyway I have to go to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary next Thursday.  I don't mind the hospital its the journey I hate.  40 miles away and a lot on single track roads.  Some dualled.  Hey ho.

I have to have a blood test, taken from a vein in the wrist, yeugh, then they measure oxygen levels and CO 2.  If C0 2 is okay I then get given a whiff of oxygen and the blood test is repeated.  The following week she comes to the house.  Still a bit confused. If the CO 2 is not okay and my body isnt ridding itself of it then its back to the consultant.  I think.  Watch this space.  (Fortunately the DP knows whats going to happen.)

Anyway.  I made it to the Prom.

Before the man and his dog went into clearing the beach of birds mode.




Blackheaded Gulls in winter plumage (no black head) note the red legs.


Young Skurries (Herring Gulls) pale pink legs.  Oystercatchers snoozing. Deep pink legs.  Odd that you would think they would be orange to match the beak and eye.




Redshank, smaller than Oystercatcher.  This has matching orange legs, altho its called a REDshank.  Sheesh.

So a fair few just doing their own thing.  Until man throws stick for dog in their direction.  Huh.


Out at sea the rescue boat.  Which is where all the sea birds ended up, out at sea.

Back home I finally picked up the paint brush again.


Short Eared Owl is now finished.  I shall have this framed and then work out how to raise some funds for the New Arc who rescued it.

Then the sun set.


It is so sudden at this time of year I half expect there to be a bang!

Night.

11 comments:

Terra said...

I love your new owl painting. He has personality plus.

Chris said...

You must be having some mild weather - the guy on the beach in his shirt sleeves. Brrr!

Bovey Belle said...

Well, that's the wheel in motion then. The sooner the better by the sound of things. I hope the tests turn out as they should anyway.

We have lots of single track lanes round here - once we're on the A40 (only 3 miles away) it's a good fast road, but if we're travelling to Brecon, the S bends between Llandovery and towards Trecastle are a pain, especially when heading for home, tired from a long journey somewhere else.

Daft man and his dog. Good photos of the birds though.

rusty duck said...

Now this was an education. Clearly I am not spending nearly enough time looking at seabirds' legs. I shall rectify that on the next trip to the coast.
Take care Jill x

Anonymous said...

bee yooo teee ful owl,,
stupid man should take his sorry ass off your beach lol,,

Anonymous said...

Wishing all the best for your visit to the hospital.. I know the procedure, my husband has them when he had pneumonia.

Bye
Sue Grant.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Love the owl painting. The oxygen thing sounds more complicated than just giving you a few whiffs. Hope the outcome of the tests is favourable for you. At least you are getting some attention now.

mamasmercantile said...

It beggars belief what some people do. I am hoping it was just not thinking rather than deliberate. Hope all goes well with your tests and you get the oxygen. I love the owl painting, stunning.

vic said...

The night is drawing in early these days due to Daylight Savings Time recently going out of operation for the year. Sure is hard to have twilight at 5:00 these days. At least it prompts me to begin supper preparations sooner than a late sunset.

Good luck with the coming tests. I'm hoping for some help materializing for your breathing problems.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sorry about that long journey. Here there is always a long journey to reach the hospital for anything - I suppose it is the price we pay for living in an area of such beauty. Today here has been such an airless day. There was fog. I am not usually breathless but today when I walked I struggled to breath. Hope things improve for you.

Jacqui said...

Lovely owl painting - I love owls. Thank you for the bird ID - I always struggle, so I'll try and remember for when I see some in the flesh. I hope your test outcomes are favourable.