Sunday 23 September 2018

The day of rest. But I didnt.

Not done much today.  Apart from the odd list of things I have to do for the art exhibition, as things come to mind, I do wish I could switch off for a couple of days.....

The DP  was away early on one of the RSPB jaunts at Cruden Bay.  Nearby is the new Slains Castle.  Which is now a ruin.


Bram Stoker stayed in the pub nearby, the Kilmarnock Arms, and allegedly this castle inspired him to write about Dracula.  

As it rained the group went in to shelter, but it does not have a roof any more!

Meanwhile I got myself down to the Prom.  Much colder today, stiff breeze, and I got soaked by a Ninja shower.  They are the ones that appear without any notice.....



There were a lot of surfers today.  You can just see one here.  


Down on the sands it appeared to be a film crew?  Still trying to find out what was going on.

I came home and the DP was back and fed my garden birds and lit the stove in the Shedudio.


Despite having a pile of work in progress I began this painting of a Jackdaw from a photograph which caught my eye and the photographer kindly gave his permission.

I still have to select one of my own photographs to paint of the Lady Sparrowhawk.  She was back today at dinner time, for us, and looking out for hers.


One of the blogs I read today was talking about Counting Your Blessings.  I am going to try very hard and think about that.  I need to do this before Wednesday as I have the consultant appointment

I was asked if I sell my paintings.  Well I try!  Because of my physical disabilities I cannot hawk them around as my friends and fellow artists do.  I exhibit when possible and have open studio sessions.  I also have my face book page Buchan Birds and Beasts, where I do have a shop, which I should really update more often.  If anyone is interested in anything just let me know.  I am reluctant to post out stuff that is framed and has glass.  But I have a lot that is mounted only and is easy to post and as it isnt framed, (wherein lies most of the cost),  you still get an original and then have to to choose your own frame.

We had our logs delivered yesterday £98.  Not bad at all.  Although this will be the first winter we have two wood burning stoves going.  Still cheaper than having electric fire in the shedudio and oil fired central heating in the house.  

Hey ho.  Goodnight.


1 comment:

Bovey Belle said...

Well, fancy that - just re-reading a copy of Barbara Erskine's "Kingdom of Shadows" and part of that is set in Slains Castle! Do you read much Jill? I can recommend all of Barbara Erskine's books, especially "Lady of Hay" her first, and set of course, in Wales and Hay-on-Wye.

Love the new painting and glad to hear you are snug as a bug in your shedudio with the wood-burner lit.

Did you find out what was being filmed on the beach?