Monday 10 September 2018

Downhill from here.

Working on the Exhibition stuff.  If anyone does facebook and is interested the page title is Fraserburgh Art Summer Exhibition .  This year is our fifth, hence FASE 5.  I volunteered as secretary way back as I knew I would be able to do less and less physically and therefore being active during the exhibition, etc. but as it draws near my work load increases big time!

So most mornings I am and will be emailing etc. Lists, contacts, pleas et al.

Today was my regular visit to my Pulmonary Physiotherapist.  

He says I am doing fine.  

It is lovely to offload onto someone from the medical profession who says that.  

Doesnt want me to take more drugs, stick a needle in me, and tells me to carry on being a rebel.  Who me - a rebel?!  And lets be honest he is younger than me, fit and good looking......ha.

So I floated down to the Prom. Bit later than usual.


High tide, so not a lot to see.


Young Gulls floating about.


As were the Blackheaded Gulls.


Not much time for painting.  Now down to finishing and tweaking.  Always a dangerous moment this, I get very tempted to aim for the bin.


This owl has to be done so slowly to ensure it is right.  Nature is far better than I.

Bovey Belle you ask if I ever paint landscapes.  Rarely.  I do not get the same urge to paint what nature does so well.  The postures birds and mammals make just sets me off and I have to try and capture it!  Same with flowers.  I occasionally have a go but my heart isnt with it.  


The young female Sparrowhawk is still around and while we had our dinner she was on the look out for hers.





Autumn approaches and the leaves change colour.


Around the 15th of this month we expect the return of thousands of Pink Footed Geese who return to overwinter with us.  Great skeins and a wonderful noise lifts ones spirits.

Aye, but apart from that weatherwise its downhill from here!

6 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

I am finding autumn is becoming more prominent and I am not ready :(

Jean said...

Downhill indeed. I hate the dark evenings and short, dull days, bare trees and grey skies. I yearn for the first snowdrop, catkin and pussy willow that show me that the earth is coming back to life. Roll on the middle of March when the best bits are yet to come.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I was hoping for an Indian summer now as we will be going to Scotland soon to do a bit of gardening.
The bird pictures are brilliant - the finishing touches must be difficult - one wrong move etc - but probably only you would know if you did. They would still look great to me - I just wish I could see them in real life in your shedudio.

mamasmercantile said...

Autumn is here, the winds have picked up dramatically over the past week or so. Love the owl, it just gets better and better.

crafty cat corner said...

I'm pleased for you that the physio is happy. It's all ups and downs isn't it? On Sunday Tom walked all around the car boot and hardly coughed, on Monday he didn't do so well. We have to take the good with the bad and just get on with it don't we?
If that Owl gets thrown in the bin, I'll have it, I think its wonderful.
Briony
x

janipi said...

So pleased you had a positive appointment. Being a rebel is the way to go. The owl is beautiful.