Tuesday 11 September 2018

Bathroom bother.

My usual personal carer is on holiday this week.  This morning I had the delightful A.  who I have never met before.  So we began.  As we finished and I was done and dressed she asked, "How do I remove the plug in the sink."  The plug is one that you push down and then use a lever to lift.  She had rammed it so far down the lever had broken and despite thin knives, nothing would lift the plug.

Off she went as I said the DP would sort it.  Well, he was still thinking about it when I contacted friend and  neighbour for advice and she sent her husband who actually repairs and services our cars and I never knew he could do plumbing as well..... He got the plug out.

Later the cistern on the loo refused to flush or fill.  I fixed that.  But with all that and me cracking the bath side by leaning on it to wash my hair.  It all has to be fixed and is now on the list of things to get sorted, indeed at the top of list of things to get sorted....

Hey ho.

To the Prom.


Mackerel fishing boat.


High tide again.  So did some deep breathing and then went to Tesco.  Have not been in there for so long I almost did not remember my card pin number..  I wanted a black cardigan to go with new dress purchased on the internet which is Teal and black.  Success.  Eventually.  Why oh why do they move stuff around.  Headed for where I thought it would be and after the bras and knickers was in the mens section.  Pardon?

Shedudio.


What with plugs, cisterns and shopping, I hate shopping, I just had a bit of fun with pen and ink.

Obviously cooler now as Sith joined me inside the shedudio rather than stoically lying on the verandah.



A pleasant end to the day though.  This bird is such a regular she will have to be named.



First on the fence.  Then crash landed into the herb bed.


Then stalked along the edge.



Scanning for prey.


Being able to watch this beautiful creature made up for all the bathroom bother.

9 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Oh dear with all the bathroom problems! Wonderful photos of the Sparrowhawk. Can we expect to see a lovely painting of her some time?

P.S. Glad that your physio was happy with you yesterday.

Anonymous said...

When you wrote , being able to watch this beautiful creature made all the bathroom bother worth it,, all I could think was,,,, I love the way this woman thinks lol,, I lm with you,,

e said...

lumping and bathroom bits can indeed bother, and I'm sorry for you. How nice that a nearby neighbor could help. I've recently had to unclog and use an auger at 2 AM to be able to use my toilet---not easy from a wheelchair but got it done eventually. Love your drawings and photos.

marlane said...

My husband and I just went to Costco here ( our town is Simi Valley, California ) to buy many household items such as toilet paper and other in bulk items. Could we find the shampoo and deodorant no. They had rearranged the store. So frustrating finally after pushing a very heavy shopping cart, there they were in the center of the store.
Hawk is a powerful totem. it represents looking down from above and observing.

Terra said...

That is a beautiful bird visitor which balanced out your day on the up side.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope you get all bathroom stuff sorted easily.
I'm also hoping for a Sparrowhawk painting - so good to see one so close and moving slow enough to photograph

mamasmercantile said...

That beautiful bird would cheer my day too, what an uplifting experience after all the bathroom antics.

Fifitr said...

The pics of the hawk are amazing - the shapes it makes when on the hunt! I can see why you are fascinated by them and want to draw them all the time. I'm really starting to take an interest in birdlife thanks to your blog. We recently bought a house by the sea, and now I'm confidently pointing out different types of gulls to my husband!

Barbee' said...

You do have such interesting birds in your posts!