Wednesday 5 September 2018

Happy

I watched a happy dog today.  Sounds silly but it made me happy too.  What looked like an elderly owner and an elderly black Labrador went down the steps to the beach, slowly.  As soon as the paws hit the sand that dog was off.  It ran and ran and ran, into the water, out of the water.


Found something smelly.


Rolled in it.

And set off again.


I was still smiling when it spooked the Gull Gang.


Where the dog ran.  So wish I could!


The other side.





Fishing boats coming home.  The latter - Gratitude - goes to my right.  Before turning left to enter the harbour.  Avoiding the rocks.


The DP saw this young Roe deer on his Dawn Patrolling walk.  You can tell its young as it is still 'spotty'.


He is seeing lots of deer at the moment.



These three donkeys are just up the road.  I have tried and tried to photograph them but there is always a tree in the way.  The DP managed it today.  So now I have lots of things to paint.

Happy.

8 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Happy dog - you can see just by the body language:) Good images of the donkey and deer - like you say - good subjects to paint

Chris said...

The sky looks so blue in your photos, not a cloud in sight. Enjoy the nice weather!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Your DP was lucky to get the deer photo, standing and looking at him too, it's brilliant. Look forward to seeing your donkey paintings - they always have such lovely faces

Bovey Belle said...

I am looking forward to seeing your donkey paintings. The photo of the young Roe deer is lovely.

Glad that the bonkers dog brought you so much pleasure. I hope your daily dose of sea air helped you too.

hart said...

Those donkeys would make a lovely painting.

mamasmercantile said...

The dog made me smile too. What a delight to see the donkeys, they would certainly make a great painting.

The Weaver of Grass said...

That black lab looks so happy doesn't he?

Barbee' said...

Those pretty boats look like toys.