Monday 3 September 2018

Scared - well worried.

Thanks to the DP I am now up and running smoothly and swiftly, well on the computer anyway.

Few more tweaks yet to do.


Yesterday, after the barley was all cut and the grain taken away in trailers, it was time to bale up the straw.  This machine collects up the straw and produces a bale.





Then another tractor comes along with a device to pick up the bales and take them away.

Today was more cloudy and cool.  Not being on top form I did not do the Prom.  I had a friend visiting in the afternoon.  An excuse to light the stove!




The DP had made Blackberry scones.  Freshly picked blackberries from around us.  

Later the DP went out to photograph the fence.  It has been damaged further.  This is worrying me a lot.


The first lot of recent damage.


Today.


Recent damage.


Today.

I have emailed the council.  Tomorrow we are to contact the Police.  As you know we live in a very rural area.  This is now a real worry for me.

9 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Good grief - it looks like someone has it in for your fence! How weird is that? There can't be so many accidents you wouldn't notice one or two? I hope the police can throw some light on it. Nothing to do with the farm traffic is it? Though they are normally far better drivers than some of the twits in fast cars.

vic said...

It does seem that this is not accidental, but deliberate. I can understand your concern.

How nice to have a fire going in early September. It's 92 F here right now with 46% humidity. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

DUTA said...

Your DP is blessed with some good skills. He's a real 'asset'.
Your fence has been damaged either by an animal or by a human vandal. You should definitely inform the police.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Looks more like vandalism than a car hitting it and surely you would have heard a crash if something had hit it or is it being done whilst you are out? Are there any paint marks left for any clues? Perhaps the police might know of other similar incidents in the area. Hope you get it sorted - as you say it is very worrying.
Blackberry scones - I bet they are delicious.

marlane said...

I think that knowing there is someone out there that does not have the sensibility to knock on your door and say I am so sorry let me repair your fence, is it. Because if I had done that my conscious would bother me.

Chris said...

Fascinating description (and photos) of the farmer at work in the barley field. How about a brick wall instead of the fence?

Sue in Suffolk said...

It now looks less like accident and more like deliberate. Is it happening during the night or day?

mamasmercantile said...

How very disconcerting, such a worry for you not knowing what is happening with the fence. Loved to see the stove lit, they have a real charm. Thank you for your well wishes about Gerard he is feeling much better.

Mum said...

Not looking good. I hope the police catch the culprit or culprits. Is there any chance of rigging up a camera to catch the people in the act?
xx