Wednesday 19 September 2018

Survived Storm Ali.

Various garden plants damaged and a few branches off the dying Laburnam but that is all.  

I still made it to the Prom.  But did not get out of the car!


The wind was heading up to 40 mph here and gusting.  See the surf being whipped up and heading left.


The car was rocking.


The Gull Gang facing into the wind.


As was the very large boat, sheltering in the bay.

Back home and into the Shedudio.  


Sith cat was on guard outside.

Over the fence photograph taken by the DP. 


The beautiful lady Sparrowhawk captured her afternoon snack.

Friday morning the replacement bathroom sink is coming.  So I will have to cancel my personal carer.  I am not sitting naked while the plumber fits it and I get washed.....

Reply to the comment re this.  The DP does everything in the house and more.  I draw the line at him having to hose me down as well.  

We survived Storm Ali.  I am saddened that some people did not.

5 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Compared with some areas close by we didn't do too badly here on the Mull of Galloway - we still have power and this evening to get out of the caravan we took a walk - it was brisk and bracing like being in Skegness but it was so good to get outside. All sounds calmer now.

justjill said...

And here too. Skegness! I remember getting the kids out of the sea as effluent floated past them. Hope its improved.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Even with storms, there is something very beautiful about your world...

mamasmercantile said...

It still blowing a gale here but so far no real damage. The ferries are once again running so it must be calmer in the Minch. I moved to the Isle of Lewis from near Skegness, Chapel St Leonard's they have awards for their clean beaches these days and the water is tested regularly, thankfully.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Had to smile at you being hosed down, naked!
I'm hoping for a wash basin here today too - maybe!