Sunday 18 March 2018

The Battle continues!

To get better.  Slept better last night, tho I still checked the time at least five times.... And on the loo trips checked outside for snow.  Which covered over just after dawn.  When the DP goes out, him being the Dawn Patroller.  So this is his photo up the defunct railway line.  (Which some idiots want to bring back the trains to this wonderful wildlife reserve.  Fortunately for once only thanks to the Tories there's no money, anywhere.)  Snow all gone now.


After lunch I was in the car and driving off to the Prom.  Still very windy, I can cope, just at the moment with the cold but not plus wind so remained in the car.


Wild seas.


The Gull Gang were having a whale of a time soaring and letting the wind move them.  There were loads up there.



Back home I watched this very clever Blackbird take food from a seed feeder.


I never have seen a Blackbird in the tree before.  Then when I had put the camera away he went onto feeding from a vertical hanging half coconut with fat in!!

I painted in between watching garden birds.


Still lots to do.

As this Blog is called Land of the Big Sky, reason being I always look up


Sitting in our dining room.


And then the icing on the cake.


Aurora Borealis.  The Northern Lights.  The DP is still taking photos so we just might see them dancing...... That has made me feel so much better.  

8 comments:

Chris said...

Too right! That would make anyone feel better. What a display!

Born and Bred said...

I understand the digital camera sees the Northern Lights better than the human eye.

crafty cat corner said...

Wow, didn't realise you had such wonderful night skies up there.
Hope you are feeling better.
Tomorrow we hope to find our the cause of Tom's fibrosis, he's had the in depth ct scan that might give them a clearer picture, not that it will make any difference to the outcome.
Briony
x

Mum said...

Beautiful.
xx

BadPenny said...

I love my blackbirds. The Northern lights, so wonderful x

Chris said...

Beautiful skies, this would lift anyone's heart.

Lyssa Medana said...

I love the picture of the Northern Lights. I've never seen them in person, it must be magical. LM x

Alexa-asimplelife said...

What a magical sky...awesome because the lights create such a different night scene. Beautiful photos. Get better soon and keep up your ocean sojourns....I too love the Ocean x