Thursday 29 March 2018

Bleurgh.

Weather description.  Rain, wind, bit of snow, cold.  Bleurgh.

I went for my 6 weekly hair do.



Very short.  

While I was in the hairdressers we discussed what clients said to her and how she had to keep it schtum.  Like a confessional.  Along the way I was rambling on about my children and she said how many again, I said 4, and they got closer together, so we had him snipped, and a voice from the back shouted, "What programme was that you were watching?"

I shouted back, "Real Life,  not a programme"  The hairdresser and I then could not stop laughing.  

I think, to be honest that is my main reason for going to the hairdressers.  For a belly laugh.

After which I went to the Prom.  Parked the car.  Got out, did not use the chariot, staggered to the railings, braved the wind and the rain.


Yet again, another wild sea.


And the Gull Gang and Oystercatchers and deep gulps of sea air, which I firmly believe keeps me going.


Back down the shedudio and more on Dyson.

I have been asked about the size of the shedudio.  I am not sure as I cannot find the measure.  It replaced a static caravan that was lived in till the house was built.  I will try and measure.   But tomorrow I am open shedudioing.  So you will have to wait.

The DP today bought this wonderful bird feeding station.



Some of the feeders are ours.  But the stand and everything else - £10 from Lidl .  Get one or two.  I want three.


So far this evening, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Robin, Goldfinches, Tree Sparrow.  WONDERFUL.  Outside the dining room patio door.  Happy.

Albeit the weather is Bleurgh.

3 comments:

lynney62 said...

I so love my bird feeders! I have 3 feeders. Living in Illinois, our winters can be very brutal so I rarely see any birds to feed except for Red Cardinals...somehow they always seem to stay throughout the below freezing temps and huge snow dumps...But my question is this: Do you have a problem with squirrels climbing into the feeders and "trashing" them? I have tried various types of feeders...on poles in the ground....on extensions off my deck...I still have a "squirrel problem"....I would love any advice you might offer to help. Thankfully, we are finally coming into spring now so many birds will be returning soon and got to get my feeders ready. Thanks.

Darwin Girl said...

Found your blog today, nice to meet you.

Jean. said...

Those bird feeders are great, I have three of them in different parts of the garden so I have a choice of windows to view them through. I've had them for years. They attract a huge variety of birds, and of course my cheeky squirrels. Although the bird table is used by larger birds, the pigeons and magpie have clearly learnt to take advantage of it too. The pigeons perch and really stretch to get to the food, having used up their table supply, and the magpie will fly up, hit the opening with it's beak, and then gather what falls to the ground. Not to worry, there's plenty left for the smaller birds, who are the greatest visitors. Glad to read that you are doing so well. That sea looks amazing.