Thursday 22 March 2018

One Day...

I got too hot today!

The sun shone.  No wind freezing ones nether regions, no rain to drench you.  Extremely strange after what weather we have had recently.

I had the ECG.  I had blood taken.  I had my oxygen checked, 94, good.  I think its out of a 100.  Lungs listened to, they now think the crackle in the right lung is probably permanent.  I knew that already.  After all its my lung.

The good news is there is a new inhaler been developed which is for COPD sufferers.  I have to wait 4 weeks for the practice to make it available, but as its cheaper than prescribing 2 inhalers they probably will.  

I was told that if I have another chest infection to start the antibiotics I have in but also to get steroids.  When I said I was reluctant as steroids had caused me to get Osteopenia.  I was told 'Well its a Catch 22 situation...'  Well I guess I didnt die from having a fractured spine, and if my lungs dont work thats it, so hey ho.

I then went to the Prom.  The DP saw me in the car park as he returned from our butchers, so joined me.  And took some photos, I cant do selfies.



And here I am.  Without a coat, or a hat, or gloves.



And a big smile on my face.



One rarely sees a sight like this in the middle of Summer!  But this was today.




Lots of small boats coming home to the harbour.



The Gull Gang in the sea as it was high tide and not much beach for them.



Back home.  So blissfully warm.  I had the door open into the shedudio.  Sith cat making the most of it.  Sprawled outside.



Really need to get that patio sorted!





Really enjoying this Crow.  Still on with all the others.  But with watercolour you have to be patient, so whilst waiting for one to dry you carry on with another.  One day I may find I have completed some!

8 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Lovely picture of you, the crow looks amazing, love the flip of the wings.

Chris said...

Positively balmy where you are! I have put aside my winter coat, gloves and hat but still need a jacket as the wind is cold.

Lyssa Medana said...

Going out without your coat on - anyone would think you were a teenager! I love the pick of the crow. LM x

Anonymous said...

its such a give and take with meds,, some cause side effects worse than the disease they treat!!!!
Your hair is a beautiful color,, I wish I was brave enough to do that !!!
the composition of that crow painting is beautiful,

SandyExpat said...

Amazing change in your weather. Love your pics today. Thanks for sharing.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Oh Sun.........I need Sun and a bit of warmth. Still cold and windy here.
Good news about a new inhaler treatment - hope it works well

crafty cat corner said...

Yes, my son only had three layers on yesterday in Ayr, a good day for him as well. Love the close up you're looking good.
Brony
x

DUTA said...

Your sweater is very nice, and perfectly matches your smiling face. A change in weather, and what superb colors of the sand/ sea/ sky that brings about!
This is a good day for walking on the promenade and enjoying life.