Saturday 17 March 2018

Health improving.

After an almost sleepless night, thank you Steroids, I felt generally better this morning.

I got washed and dressed and after lunch I braved the wind, which has dropped a bit, and got down to the Shedudio.



By the time I got down there the DP had fed the birds and lit the woodburner, and the sun was shining!





I have lost count of the number of Blackbirds we have feeding, some will have immigrated.



I quite deliberately ignore the cost of bird food that we pay out for monthly as they give us so much pleasure.  




We do a weekly count for the  British Trust for Ornithology.




And as you all know I love the sea birds too.  Both these are on the Drawing Board.

Later today came the snow. A blizzard, but just a thin covering.  

If all goes well weather wise and health wise I will be on the Prom!  Although I hear the wind increasing and the forecast is for more snow overnight.  Do I care?  No.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Good news all round for you and the birds. I have had to give up putting out bird food as the squirrels gobbled it and only left the birds what dropped from their greedy paws!

vic said...

Isn't it wonderful how much better we all feel when the sun is shining. The steroids undoubtedly make a difference too.

DUTA said...

The black bird on the green background - that's a very beautiful picture!

Jean. said...

Like you, I don't count the cost of bird food. Today, in the snow, we had 9 long tailed tits on the feeding station, favouring the fat balls. We have squirrels too, but don't mind them at all. I love their agility, and they leave plenty for the birds.
Glad you are feeling a bit better.

lynda said...

I LOVE your shed with the wood burner!!! Green with ENVY!!!!

lynney62 said...

I love the new woodburner in your sheshudio...It looks so cozy! And must say you have inspired me to hang a couple of bird feeders this spring on my deck...Will be fun to see what species may visit me here in Midwest Illinois. A few days ago you posted such a lovely pic of Sith cat enjoying her new chair...I so hope you don't mind but I shared that wonderful pic with my group "Cat Friends" on Facebook.....I listed your blogsite as the source. Our group loves all animals, but, yes, especially cats and kitties. I see the option for "FB" on your blog, so hope it was okay.

BadPenny said...

The birds are on extra rations here. I have a blackbird that waits for me to throw dried fruit under the hedge. Very cold again here and to think I actually put some sun cream on my face a couple of days ago !

kjsutcliffe said...

Our birds are quick to queue up when I top up the feeders and before I even leave they are there scoffing. I have serious serious wanties for your woodburner!