Monday 6 November 2017

Winter is now with us.

The wind was still present but less.  Gusting to late twenties as opposed to 30 plus mph.

The DP was away delivering youngest child to bus at Ellon, to travel into Aberdeen, then train back to Edinburgh.  Good to have Syd here tho for a few days.

So I set off.


To the left of me the sky was black.  To the right was bright sun.  I was toasty.  I had my coat which is windproof and rainproof, plus my over trousers/leggings, for golfers trousers.  But even with a scarf over my nose and mouth I could not breathe properly.  The wind in that direction was cold and strong.

It also moved me about a bit too much so this photo is blurred.


I did not walk far, when I turned to go back to the car it was behind me, so I did move a bit faster!

Once home, down the shedudio.

Amended the Christmas Robin.


On the drawing board is a Redshank and a Sparrowhawk.


Photograph by Ian Bain.


You will have to peer at the last one, that's the original sketch in pencil.  But I am well chuffed with it as this is from a photograph I took!

At 3.40 it was dusk.  I could not see to draw anymore.

I am going to have to re-arrange my daily timetable.

Winter is now with us.

2 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Yes, I have been caught by the change of the clocks, it does get dark suddenly. I have a daylight angle-poise light - the type that has a magnifying glass centre and I find I have that on quite a bit. Great when I am doing small detail and good for my mood. However, I find that I have not noticed how dark it has got coz I am busy concentrating with the light on and suddenly I have to pack up, collect youngest from the bus, start cooking, feed a ravenous dog etc! Love your final pencil image :)

Lanniesmum said...

Love your robin-nice touch of humour. Winter is almost here too in Central Scotland and the heavy coats and boots are out. Catriona