Saturday 25 November 2017

Independence Day - not.

We still have snow lying.  So cold.  I even put the liquid gold heating back on last night although  the wood burner was roaring away which normally heats the lower part of the house in the evening.  But I was cold.

Today the wind has increased and increased and is still howling around outside.  We have become soft!  We don't have icy pictures on the windows inside any more!  But I was so cold.

I do do facebook, I know many people do not.  One of the interesting (?) things is it has is where you can check back on what you did on this day, last year, year before et al.

So it was interesting to see how before I stopped smoking in December last year I had continuous chest infections in November and had to take antibiotics and steroids.  And then stopped.  And then beginning of this year increased my walking each day.  Until the back pain began and then eventually diagnosed with Osteopenia.  More drugs for that.  But I am still here, battling on.




So today.  Wind howling but I decided I would just drive to the Prom and look at the sea.  And the car would not start.  I was totally devastated.  I cannot comfortably get my chariot into the DP's car as it only has 2 doors.  I nearly had a melt down.  Independence gone.  Panic. Drawing breath I contacted our lovely garage which are actually one of our nearest neighbours and out he came.  Flat battery.  Charged up and the DP went off to give it a run.  It was dark by the time he returned but fingers crossed I can go look at the sea tomorrow.

So I spent the afternoon painting .

More on the Redshanks.


And something totally different.



Hoping I can get out tomorrow under my own steam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My word! Just found your blog and I think your artwork is stupendous!
How wonderful that you have a hobby you can do even it you can't get around too easily. JanF

Lynda said...

I can understand your frustration at not being able to get your 'sea fix'. I really miss my walk if I can't get out. I only have a river to walk around. Not as good as the sea... But still...

Hope you can make it out tomorrow. xx

crafty cat corner said...

Hi Jill

Thanyou so much for your words of encouragement, we are going to have to come to terms with this and I'm sure we will, we've been through plenty in the past.
I told Tom about your only having 28% and it has encouraged him to be positive.
Tomorrow I have various calls to make to try to get all the help we need.
Although we went private for this consultation we are still in the loop for NHS and hope that we get an appointment soon, they will then probably recommend the next steps.
Luckily we have several hobbies and so will not be sitting gazing out of the window each day. lol
I showed Tom your lovely painting today and you shedudio, I would love one of those.
Once again, thanks for making contact.

Briony
xx