Thursday 23 November 2017

Winter full on.

The DP is at his photographic society weekly meeting.  They are doing still life photographs.  Hmm.  Lots of lights, tripods, fruit, Christmas baubles in glass bowls, and a set of paint tubes, brushes etc have gone with him.  I was almost intrigued enough to go with him.  Almost.  Wood burner heating all the downstairs at the moment and the liquid gold (oil) switched off.  Cat snoring.  



I took this photo out of the back door this morning after the snow had stopped falling.  We rarely get snow being 3 miles  from the sea.  Sith cat was pacing around wailing - he seems to think I have super powers and can stop the snow, and rain, would that I could stop the wind.....

But then after lunch which is my usual time for a walk.  The Sun came out.  So I went.  


The sun had disappeared by the time I had arrived at the Prom car park.  But I got out of the car, coat on, waterproof and wind proof, plus trousers ditto, woolly hat and gloves and staggered to the railings.  Still pretty breezy.




I really do not know how these surfers do it.  I was frozen to the bone.  There were 2 surfers.  The North Sea - I think you have a couple of minutes, well not long, before death if you fall in.  Amazing.  As is nature.



Huge waves.  




And then a Rainbow!




Home again.  Shedudio.  


Still absorbed with Redshanks.   It's the legs!  Sketched out and now ready for the paint.

All in all a good day.  That wee stagger up the Prom, clutch onto railings, stagger a bit further good for the brain.

Honest.

5 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Love your new banner photo :) I agree with a bit of fresh air making things a whole lot better!

Lynda said...

I love, love, love your cold, grey weather!! We have heat and sun here. I am not a fan of summer (actually it's still only spring!)

Also love your art work! xx

Penny said...

Love seeing a different country to mine, here it has been very hot, although cooler today. Not even summer yet. I don't enjoy it. Those redshanks look interesting.

BadPenny said...

I totally agree that a walk is good for the brain. Love the rainbow photo, the sea looks amazing.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Lovely rough seas.
Hope the weekend is less windy for you