Friday 25 January 2019

Where am I now?

So today was our Art Group meeting.  I am still secretary.  Although with promised help.  Hmm.  At least we got in and met the new caretaker.  

Got through the AGM and the normal meeting.  With lots of decisions made.  So I now have a pile of work.... Minutes.  Social media announcements.  Pleas for Crafters... 

But I did manage to keep my gob shut when projects were agreed and did not volunteer for anything extra.  Tick.

The DP and I then went to the Prom.  Much later than I would normally have done.  It was cold, but the wind from earlier in the day had subsided.


Still a bit of frost on the beach where neither the sun or the salt water reaches.



Not many people so plenty of the Gull Gang.


Oystercatchers too.

No sign of the Puffin.  Quite pleased really as I have no idea how I was supposed to scoop it up from the middle of the bay to be rescued or whatever.  And the DP wasnt keen either.


He took the following photos.  A container ship on the horizon.


No idea what this boat is.



Definitely a painting on its way from this photo!

My youngest child is shop coordinator for a shop called Shrub.  In Edinburgh.  They get donations from supermarkets and other shops with food still in its sell by date.  Customers join costing £1 a month then can come and collect food and just  pay a donation.  Its a new job for my youngest but exciting and already started in Leeds it works.  Mainly to stop wastage in food going to landfill, legally fit for sale but doesnt meet the supermarkets or whoevers requirements.  Lots of publicity on their opening day, try googling EdinburghLive. And then Shrub, the article went out today.  I have tried to find a link but I am not very savvy with this.  Brilliant idea.  I didnt realise that bakers of bread binned all their bread every day.  Madness.

So where am I .  Planning the work I have to do tomorrow.  Hey ho.

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

What an amazing photo, simply beautiful. Keep reminding people of the help that was volunteered otherwise it will be back to you do everything again. Take care. I like the sound of the steak.

Jean. said...

Once when I was on holiday in St. Ives, Cornwall, the tide was full in at the harbour, and on the water I saw a gull with what looked like a broken wing, I phoned the RSPCA emergency number, and an inspector came from where he was in Saltash, and got to me and the bird before the tide turned.
Another time, whilst on holiday in Devon, I was out on a boat trip and the boat owner pointed out two sheep who were on a narrow ledge where there had been a land slip. They had been stranded there for some time on the grassy platform.
When I got back, I phoned the RSPCA about it. A while later and back home, I got a letter saying that they had rescued one of the sheep, and although it had broken a leg during the rescue, was now safe and well and living happily in a rescue centre. Sadly they couldn't find the other sheep.
I'm sure they would have come out to rescue the puffin.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I like my bread at least a day old - I just prefer it dry - can't eat it fresh and squidgy!
Congratulations to your daughter and what a lovely job to have helping others and stopping waste. My elder daughter works in sustainability at Hudds Uni (on maternity at the moment of course) trying to limit waste there and other serious issues - it is very rewarding.
I can see a painting too - another poser for you - I think they must wait your arrival now - perhaps they have a competition going to see who can do the best pose!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

PS Did I read that correctly - you are still secretary??

The Weaver of Grass said...

Good luck to your daughter in her job. The wastage of food appals me when so much of the world is starving.
The photo of the gull looking at its reflection will make a lovely painting.

Amanda said...

When I first saw it, fir a moment I thought the top landscape shot was a watercolor. It already looks the part.