Thursday 24 January 2019

Thursday - mixed bag.

A bit earlier tonight.  The DP has gone off to his Photographic Society meeting.  There is nothing to watch that I have recorded that I can do on my own, well I could, but thats unfair isnt it?!  Or I would have to watch it all again.....

A few days late but I did my Pulmonary Physio exercises today.  Struggling with my breathing so serves me right.

Then the Prom.


Not as cold today.  Although the frost still lies at the bottom of the Dunes.


Lobster  and Mackerel fishing boats returning to harbour, one after the other!




The sea was calm so they were going in quite fast.



Then I spotted this bird.  It wasn't until I later looked at it on the computer I realised it was a Puffin in winter plumage, so not as bright and beautiful as we all know it.

I posted the pictures up on North East Scotland Wildlife page.  I was then advised it was not well.  Could I catch it?  Well no.  It was moving well, they have big feet so I assumed it was heading somewhere.  It was quite far out too.  And I am not sure how I would have done it!!!!

Anyway I shall look out for it tomorrow and if it is still there I will contact the New Arc Wildlife Rescue as requested.

Back home and to the Shedudio.


Preparing four canvases to take watercolour paint.


Experimenting with different shaped cards.  These will fit into an A4 envelope as opposed to my usual A5.  I dont have the cellophane envelopes for this size so will have to source them before continuing production.


The DP had bought me a present.



Outside the birds were eating -  a lot......

So.  Sitting here listening to Classic FM on the tele.  You dont get news or adverts interruptions as on the radio.

Goodnight.


7 comments:

Jean said...

I hope the puffin turns out to be ok. I have never seen a puffin but really want to. I'm never in the right place at the right time. Your photos are lovely.

MarleneS said...

I have never seen a puffin in real life, and first time I have seen a photo of one on the water like that, hope he/she survives.
Lovely seeing your photos as always, the sea always looks so blue in your part.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Hope the Puffin is rescued if it is not well. I have never seen a real life one but I think there are a few down on the Mull of Galloway near our cottage in May and June.
I like the landscape cards.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hello Jill, I am a first time visitor who dropped in from Lorraine’s blog, Mamas Mercantile. I spent some time reading through some of your previous posts. It seems nivpcebto go to the Pron and see so many interesting things, people, boats, surfers, wildlife.

crafty cat corner said...

thanks for the heads up on classic FM, didn't realise that you didn't get the ads on the tele, will try it.
Briony
x

mamasmercantile said...

Hope all is well with the puffin. I find Amazon useful for cellophane packaging, although you do need to be careful about postage costs.

Ivy Green said...

A great time and place to certainly see Atlantic puffins is summer on the Isle of May.