Thursday 3 January 2019

Getting colder....

Hard frost last night and still lingering in places all day.

Today was the day for clearing Christmas.  So the potted Christmas tree has gone outside and no doubt the cold shock will be too much.

The visit to see the Sea.



A mystery for you.  This chap walked towards the masses of gulls raised the thing in his right hand pointed it at them and they all flew off rapidly.  He wasnt near enough to spook them but whatever he pointed at them did.  He then turned and walked away.  



There were some surfable waves but kept being missed by the surfer.  You can just see his head over the wave.



Waiting for the next one.



Very gloomy.  Bitterly cold.



Sociable Gull meet up.



Fishing boat leaving the harbour.



As I was walking back to the car this surfer had turned and walked alongside.  I said 'You should have been here yesterday it was much wilder surf.'  He said'  It's too cold.'  What a wimp!

I have been asked by Lilbitbrit about purchasing a studio like mine.  Well we had to buy the house to get it so I have no idea of size or price.



This is me in 2011 viewing the house,  This is the Summer House.  That clinched it for me.  We bought the house.



I painted the sides green.

Since then we had the roof removed by the very strong winds.  Replaced.  All of it painted green.  Then this year a wood burner installed and double glazing, all the interior walls have been lined and covered. Prior to that a vinyl covering to the floor.  So it has been a long haul but I now have the best shedudio ever.



And now.



Inside.





No idea of the size but it is large.  We were also fortunate that before the Summer House there was a static caravan that the then owners lived in whilst building the house.  So behind the Shedudio is the septic tank and plumbing and electric was installed.  All that transferred into the Summerhouse as was and is in my Shedudio.  All those things you should think about factoring in.  

Sorry for the lengthy post.  Once I start I cant stop!  Goodnight.

4 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

What a transformation of your shedudio - you have made it a real home from home. I think every one should have one with their house!

MarleneS said...

Lovely shedudio.

lynda said...

I love your shedudio! It looks smaller from the outside! You effectively just about rebuilt it! My husband agreed to one, and then backed down...crushed me! Then all of my mess in the house could have been moved to there....his loss!!!

hart said...

You have a gem of place to work! Quite enviable.