Wednesday 3 January 2018

Wednesday.

We missed another storm, Eleanor, fine by me.

Nae a bad day.


The sun was shining, slight wind, bitter cold.

I have never seen the tide so high.  Presumably due to the big moon we had a couple of days ago.


There was hardly any beach left for walking on.



No room to park a gull either.

I was asked what makes the Gull, I saw yesterday, Mediterranean.  Well that is where it comes from and it is a rare visitor.  That was why everyone today was looking for it again.

Today the DP was in luck and saw it just up the coast.  A life 'tick' for some.



Identified by the colours of feathers, legs.  Most important the legs!



This is a Black Headed Gull, in winter plumage so it doesnt have a black head.  But very similar to the Med Gull.  But the Med Gull has no black tips to the wings.

We had a cold collation, with chips, for dinner.  I was daft enough to have two pickled onions and am still burping.

A new disablity aid arrived today.  I struggle to bend and breathe.  I struggle to breathe full stop now.  Hey ho.  This is to stick on the bath floor with soap on and you rub your feet over it.  Photos tomorrow.

Exciting int it.


3 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Wild and windy here - VERY. glad you missed it so you could get out and see the sea . I wouldn't have known that was a special foreign gull, would have to wait for it to speak!

crafty cat corner said...

thanks for the explanation of the difference in the gulls, do we get them down south? if so I shall look out for one.
Briony
x

BadPenny said...

Very windy here and very fresh on the beach, everything looked so clean with the waves crashing in.